is there a way to voice dial via my blue tooth,

i have the blue ant q2
    01-04-2012 11:33 PM
    My Jawbone doesn't work for voice dialing either. Only way I have found around it is to use the phone first - press and hold the 'search' button till the voice prompt comes up - then I speak using my bluetooth and it works from there. Will be interested to see if anyone has come up with a way to get around this.
    01-05-2012 10:21 AM
    You can try and use Vlingo. I have Skyrocket and BlueAnt S1 seems to work better for voice dialing than it does trying to use it to text - which is problematic at best over bluetooth.
    01-05-2012 02:49 PM
    im so frustrated now, i cant even get the phone and BT to connect now

i went on Blue ant site and reset it, and followed all directions and got them to connect again
    this morning, i get in car, turn BT on on head set, then i press teh bluetooth icon on main screen, and they wont connect

i goto setting on phone and its as if they never had the blue ant connect

crazy thing is , when i goto settings for the blue tooth, i cant even get the check mark to go blue, it just stays grey or black, but always says turning on

wtf
    01-05-2012 08:07 PM
    im so frustrated now, i cant even get the phone and BT to connect now

i went on Blue ant site and reset it, and followed all directions and got them to connect again
    this morning, i get in car, turn BT on on head set, then i press teh bluetooth icon on main screen, and they wont connect

i goto setting on phone and its as if they never had the blue ant connect

crazy thing is , when i goto settings for the blue tooth, i cant even get the check mark to go blue, it just stays grey or black, but always says turning on

wtf

When you synced your radio and phone, did you get to the point where you had to enter the code (typically "0000" as a default setting)????

My Skyrocket BT sync process drove me crazy (Pioneer 3300BT radio). The Pioneer unit kept saying 'connected', but BT wouldn't work. I had to repeat the sync process about a dozen times before it finally asked me to enter the code. Once the code was entered, everything was good-to-go and BT has worked just fine in my car since then.

Hope this helps

-
    01-06-2012 09:14 AM
    is there a way to voice dial via my blue tooth,

i have the blue ant q2
    I have been trying to use Vlingo in my car, but it really doesn't seem to work all that well. Hopefully, Vlingo will undergo some much-needed improvements, as it has been recently purchased by Nuance (makers of Dragon Naturally Speaking). I have Nuance's Dragon program on my home computer and the voice recognition is excellent. So let's keep our fingers crossed that Vlingo is transformed into the program that it should be.

-
    01-06-2012 09:18 AM
    n o no no, i never tried to hook sync my phone to car radio

just with the blueant head set,

right now i cant get my phone to even allow itself to search for device, all those choices under turn bluetooth on will not light up,
    01-06-2012 05:33 PM
    Oh, well, you mentioned "get in car" in the initial post. Kinda figured you were referring to in-car BT.

Good luck with problem........

-
    01-06-2012 06:05 PM
    FYI. Those Blue Ant Q2's have issues. I had one for a while and it would always disconnect. Several other I know have the same issue. I dumped it and moved on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    01-06-2012 09:26 PM
    worked fine with my iphone
    01-06-2012 10:25 PM
    IMy problem is my car is synced with the phone and I can say dial number and it will but if I try to "call" a contact it doesn't recognize the phone book. My contact list is from outlook
    01-10-2012 11:38 AM
    Check out the bluetooth discussions. There are tons of problems with skyrocket and bluetooth. Apparently Samsung thinks we should only need to use Samsung bluetooth devices. Sigh...
    01-23-2012 06:35 PM
    worked fine with my blackberry, too!
    01-23-2012 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD