NEW USER - first android. Only issue i have is that the LED turns off very quickly during a call (less than a minute) and I have to hit the on/off button to get back to the call screen. I UNCHECKED the "turn off proximity sensor" under the phone setting and have my screen timeout set ton10 minutes. This is driving me crazy. Is there any way to keep the LED on during a call?
    01-05-2012 06:58 PM
    Well, you want it to turn off, trust me. As soon as you hold it to your face it will bring up the keypad and then your cheek will be dialing numbers and disrupting the calls. Ask me how I know!

It's better to have the screen turn off, then if you move the phone away from your face, the movement will re-activate the LED screen. I have the check box checked in "Turn on proximity sensor".

If I make a call using the speakerphone, the LED screen stays on.....

Hope this helps
    01-06-2012 08:33 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. I also called Samsung technical support who told me a screen protector (which I have) can disable the proximity sensor.
    01-06-2012 09:30 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. I also called Samsung technical support who told me a screen protector (which I have) can disable the proximity sensor.
    Cool. I also have screen protector.........
    01-06-2012 09:42 AM
    There are no LED's on the Skyrocket. Sorry but the title was misleading. You should clarify what you are talking about. I'm guessing the screen?
    01-08-2012 01:30 PM
    Well, you want it to turn off, trust me. As soon as you hold it to your face it will bring up the keypad and then your cheek will be dialing numbers and disrupting the calls. Ask me how I know!

It's better to have the screen turn off, then if you move the phone away from your face, the movement will re-activate the LED screen. I have the check box checked in "Turn on proximity sensor".

If I make a call using the speakerphone, the LED screen stays on.....

Hope this helps
    I'm trouble shooting with another forum user, and this thread was similar, so you say the screen on your SR stays on while using speaker phone? Mine cuts off 30 seconds into any speaker phone call, the other users phone cuts off also, but the problem is the user has use power button to end call enabled, so when they hit the power button to wake the screen they hang up, so I tested my phone with the power button ends calls enable and the same thing happens, so do you know why yours stays on and not ours? Is there some setting we are missing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    01-09-2012 08:22 PM
    I also have been trying to figure out why my Skyrocket goes blank at the end of a phone call. My MENU, HOME, etc buttons also go out even if I have checked the always on part under "Display-Touch Key Light Duration". The only way to overcome this is to tap the HOME key at the end of the phone call before the screen goes dark (usually in several seconds). The best setting is probably 6 sec for power savings but I like to keep them always lighted. Is there a better way to keep the touch keys always lighted under all conditions?
    04-25-2012 11:41 PM
    @jdm-skyrocket

I fixed that issue by installing this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Bwcy5zaGFrZSJd

I think the "waking screen using the power button ends the call" is a bug. It shouldn't turn the screen off during a speakerphone call and the app above doesn't allow it to turn off.

Worked for me, best of luck.
    04-29-2012 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD