Missing text messages

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I did the factory reset and the first text I got was a duplicate. Went to att new sim still getting some duplicates but hardly any failed and don't know of any missed texts yet... Will post again if I do.

Reactions: hillucla

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I am sad to say I am having issues again and today a new one. My husband and I were texting on and off throughout the day. He sent me something that was several sentences long with the last one not making sense at all. I asked what he meant and he didn't understand why I was questioning what he said. Long story short when I came home and read what he sent and showed him what I received the first 4 sentences in the paragraph long text were correct and the last sentence was incorrect. First couple words correct and after that the last several words were not even what he texted. Then an hour later I didn't receive one of the texts he sent at all. Called and talked to a tier 2 person tonight with AT&T who couldn't figure it out. He suggested that I could changed my cell number and that would probably take care of the issue. After having this number for over 15 years I told him I would prefer not to. I am now waiting for a tier 3 person to look into it and they will call me back Friday night.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Talked to att tier 3 today and they said they have checked and it isn't the network. They said it showed I received a message that I didn't and had me check my settings. Next they sent me some update and had me power my phone off and on again. They are going to call me back next week to see if it still happening. Within a half hour I was missing a text again, so called them back and got a new tier 3 tech who suggested that I delete the text thread to my husband and that he do the same, and that we should also remove each other from contacts. Then we should both power our phones off and when back on manually put in the number for a text and to make sure to include 1 and the area code before the number. She suggested the address book could have become corrupt and that if this worked that I should delete all my contacts and reenter them. If they call next week and it hasn't worked they talked about getting approval to swap my phone out.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Good luck. I hope it works for you. I've always added a 1 at the beginning of numbers in my contacts, but i've never had any problems either. I don't know if the 2 are correlated or not.

Sent from my Skyrocket.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Latest update At&t called back and asked if all resolved. I let them know still having the issues. The last tech person said before they send me out a replacement phone they want to determine if it is a sim problem. I asked her to read back in the notes where it showed I had already gone into AT&T and replaced the sim. She asked me to take my sim and put in another phone for several days. For the last few days I have been using my LTE sim car in an old htc Inspire. Day 3 in and not having any issues so far. I am supposed to call them after the weekend and update...at that point I would hope they will swap my phone out this is getting tiresome.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The inspire ended up have some texting issues after a week, On occasion when I sent a text someone wouldn't get it until the next day. I finally got AT&T to send me a new phone. They only send you the shell, no battery or back cover. I had a white skyrocket and they sent me a black one. I figured I would try it anyone way and within an hour had a message I sent that said it failed, but the receiver actually had gotten, and then a duplicate from another sender. I drove an hour to the AT&T store that is a repair/warranty store and they took back my first white skyrocket, the black one that I had used for a couple hours and replaced with a another white skyrocket and a new LTE sim. All seemed ok for the first day. Today I started on occasion receiving duplicates of some texts and twice had messages I sent say they failed and the person received them. So..it is either the network in my area, a flaw of the skyrocket or I am unlucky 3 times with the skyrocket?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
iamdunne...are you by chance in the Atlanta market? I am and a couple of people I text in the same market, also on att, get my messages twice. I have only had 1 or 2 messages go unreceived (to my knowledge) but have had two people with iPhones send me messages I never received.Wondering too if it is network wide, regional or os or phone based.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
iamdunne...are you by chance in the Atlanta market? I am and a couple of people I text in the same market, also on att, get my messages twice. I have only had 1 or 2 messages go unreceived (to my knowledge) but have had two people with iPhones send me messages I never received.Wondering too if it is network wide, regional or os or phone based.

I live in the Chicago suburbs, one of the first LTE networks. Not sure if people are getting my texts twice, I get other peoples texts twice...not every one just several throughout the day. I honestly think it has to do with the LTE network, because the other 4 people in my family have phones not on LTE and don't have texting issues. I guess I will have to learn to live with that and I could, it is the missing texts that bother me.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Here I am again. Still on skyrocket 3 and yesterday was so bad with duplicates, messages failing to send and I was aware just yesterday of 3 texts I didn't receive. Walked again into my local At&t to show them yesterday texts threads so they could see all 3 of those problems in action. The guy at the store called someone and said I am now escalated to the highest tech level and I have been given a case number and was given a 5 day time frame they are trying to resolve this in. I spent several hours again on internet researching and came across an app on the market called ghostly sms. It is a free app created by someone at xda developers. Apparently there is a bug in android with texting. This app is a work around and catches texts that otherwise get lost. Thirteen caught already today. I donated and would highly recommend it. Will wait and see what happens again with At&t again!

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
so much for highest tech support follow through. I was called day 3 by a tech person who asked a couple questions. I was at work and asked her to call me on a land line. Gave her my number and never got a call. Day 6 someone called to follow up since my case was closed. I asked what the resolution was and told the rep what had happened. She then looked at her notes and said "that's odd, typically they contact the customer to tell them what the resolution is and notate what it was and I can see the case was closed on day 3 but nothing was notated. " She said she would reopen the case. I explained that I would be out of town in a area that had no lte. Here I am 8 days later. This time I never received a text message with a case number and no contact. Seriously? This has become a joke. I honestly can't even believe it. I have been home for 2 days and on a positive note have only had some duplicates so maybe something is fixed, but this was their highest level of help?

thenotoriousjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed I haven't received some text messages from people too. People would text me later and say why I never answered their original text, which made me look up this problem. Gonna give Ghostly SMS a try and hopefully this issue gets resolved soon.