AT&T in CES announced that this is coming out in the "upcoming months". I guess our phone will be outdated pretty soon. LOL. I wonder if only the screen resolution changed.
    dalvik likes this.
    01-09-2012 01:29 PM
    Looks like the main difference is screen size and screen resolution:

"Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD. Planned for availability in the coming months, the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD is an elegantly designed and highly functional 4G LTE smartphone that features a 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED screen, as well as a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor for ultra-smooth game play and video playback."

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...lte-phones-att

"Additional Samsung smartphones unveiled at the AT&T Developer Summit included the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD, a 9.27-millimeter sliver of a smartphone with an HD Super AMOLED screen (1280x720)..."

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-an...martphones-lte
    01-09-2012 01:48 PM
    It worries me how fast android phone manufacturers come out with new phones. Almost every month a new phone comes out.
    01-09-2012 01:54 PM
    Me too. And there's nothing innovative about the phones. They all look alike

sent from the MyTouch 4G
    01-09-2012 02:01 PM
    -_________-

01-09-2012 02:02 PM
    yes this is crazy.. its not even that you can't keep up with with technology, these guys dont invent anything new within 6 months they just release same phones with slightly bumped up specs... that's how these companies make money. its a simple marketing strategy. some people who already own the OG skyrocket will go and get the HD one. i'm sure of it...
    i feel kinda sad about my well.. now outdated phone...
    01-09-2012 02:25 PM
    sad part is my 30 days was up only yesterday!
    01-09-2012 02:29 PM
    Kinda sucks indeed. The S2 LTE HD was announced the same time as the S2 LTE, so AT&T could've probably skipped the Skyrocket and released this one instead.

Oh well, at least it's still a different phone. I'd be more upset if they released a "new" Skyrocket w/ a better battery.

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...roid-razr-maxx
    01-09-2012 03:39 PM
    yes this is crazy.. its not even that you can't keep up with with technology, these guys dont invent anything new within 6 months they just release same phones with slightly bumped up specs... that's how these companies make money. its a simple marketing strategy. some people who already own the OG skyrocket will go and get the HD one. i'm sure of it...
    i feel kinda sad about my well.. now outdated phone...
    I'm sad too. The appeal of the Galaxy Nexus for me was to get a 4.65in screen, but I had made up my mind and felt content with a 4.5"-screened Skyrocket. With the HD making its way over (I surely wasn't expecting it), now I'm feeling a bit of buyer's remorse.
    01-09-2012 03:49 PM
    Kinda sucks indeed. The S2 LTE HD was announced the same time as the S2 LTE, so AT&T could've probably skipped the Skyrocket and released this one instead.

Oh well, at least it's still a different phone. I'd be more upset if they released a "new" Skyrocket w/ a better battery.

I definitely agree with the above (though I would like to see the real world tests on the Razr Maxx to see how it fares when downloading over the LTE network).

As for the SR HD being releasing in the "upcoming months" I'm not all that upset about it. It looks like the only difference is the resolution and the screen size (and as far as the size, I doubt it will be that noticeable of a difference since it will only add .15").

The HD screen would be nice, but next time around all of the upper end phones will have HD anyway, so I personally am fine with waiting until my next phone. I (and Samsung) know that many probably won't be, which is probably why they went ahead and put out the "regular" SR and will now release the SR HD - make more money that way.

Also, who truly knows what "upcoming months" means - could be first quarter, could be August...
    01-09-2012 04:17 PM
    I'd be more upset if they released a "new" Skyrocket w/ a better battery.

yeah what motorola did is a slap in the face to the RAZR owners... greedy companies trying to sqeeze each cent must 've adopted that strategy from Apple lol
    01-09-2012 04:58 PM
    I wonder how this processor (S3) will be pushing more pixels? More lag or the same perfomance? 800 x 480 vs 1280 x 720?
    01-09-2012 04:59 PM
    more importantly how the battery life will be with all those pixels...
    planoman likes this.
    01-09-2012 05:01 PM
    Same thing when I had atrix and hear that htc titan 2 already announced... Is kind of aggravating to say the least
    01-09-2012 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD