I have a Skyrocket and one thing that's really bugging me is I can't seem to find a way to use my own ringtones as notifications for apps such as email, Facebook, etc. All the stock ringtones that I can use all sound the sound the same so I don't know what my phone is going off for. Any help would greatly be appreciated!
    01-10-2012 09:59 AM
    You can mount the phone, go to root of the sdcard and navigate to media\ringtones copy or move said ringtones to media\notifications. If there is no media folder in the root folder already create one.
    In file manger via the phone navigate to /mnt/sdcard/media and if not already there create a folder labeled as notifications and ringtones and one for alarms if needed. Good luck.
    BelindaR likes this.
    01-10-2012 10:12 AM
    Does it have to be rooted first?
    01-10-2012 11:08 AM
    No need to root to access the folder. There are free file managers in the app market to access it but I prefer doing this thru a desktop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
    01-10-2012 11:28 AM
    Thanks. I'd planned to root anyway but not until my period to return it AT&T was up. I'll definitely do this.
    01-10-2012 11:43 AM
    You can mount the phone, go to root of the sdcard and navigate to media\ringtones copy or move said ringtones to media\notifications. If there is no media folder in the root folder already create one.
    In file manger via the phone navigate to /mnt/sdcard/media and if not already there create a folder labeled as notifications and ringtones and one for alarms if needed. Good luck.
    This worked for my phone. Thanks again.
    01-11-2012 09:36 AM
    No worries, enjoy!
    01-11-2012 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD