Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find a decent car dock for the Skyrocket anywhere.

That seems odd to me. You'd think that a "flagship" phone like the Skyrocket would have decent accessories.

What do you guys use?

Thanks!

thumos

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't seem to find a decent car dock for the Skyrocket anywhere.

That seems odd to me. You'd think that a "flagship" phone like the Skyrocket would have decent accessories.

What do you guys use?

Thanks!
I too was disappointed with the lack of an oem or device-specific aftermarket product. I went with the Clingo universal dash mount. So far, so good. I got mine from Walmart.com, so I could easily return it if it didn't work out. I think you can get it for a few bucks cheaper from an Amazon.com seller though too. Seems to work with my tpu case fine as well.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there no powered window mount that's designed specifically for the Skyrocket? I want something I don't have to plug/unplug a power cable to every time I get in and out of the car.

Seidio made a sweet mount for my old EVO 4G that was fantastic. It never fell off the window (even in FL heat) and held that brick of a phone in place very well. I chatted them a while back and asked about a mount for the Skyrocket. None available and none planned but 'they would pass my request to the development team'. :(

This is the EVO4G mount I'm talking about... http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Innotraveler-Car-Kit-HTC/dp/B0043EV24W

Last edited:

devilsushi

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So there I was at macworld iworld, and Seidio reps there said if the demand is high enough they will make a skyrocket car mount. Otherwise universal is the only way to go unless you Macgyver the infuse dock. I'm waiting on an iGrip universal mount that's coming out sometime after CTIA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I got my mount yesterday and tested it on an errand.

Things I like...

• It's very sturdy and easy to mount/unmount
  • The plug 'slider' is easy to operate and the phone is easy to get in and out (albeit, too easy on the latter)
  • Price - it's only $20 (sans power adapter)

Things I don't like...

• It doesn't auto launch 'car mode' - could be a ID10T error
  • It doesn't keep the display on past timeout - again, could be a ID10T error. I tried the Samsung and another (?) car dock app.
  • The Skyrocket doesn't feel very stable in the holder (even with the plug plugged)
  • The window mount is rather short and only has a small amount of pivot so mounting locations are limited
  • It doesn't come with a power adapter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995