Is there a way to disable that really annoying and intrusive SMS pop up notification that invades the middle of your screen and displays your business to anyone who might have your phone in their hands?
    It's very much like the one on the iphone and I hate it.

And before anyone says anything yes I did a search and could not find anything.
    01-19-2012 09:41 AM
    My SR doesn't do that with stock ROM. I almost wished it did! Mine just posts the SMS in the status bar at the top of my screen.

Chris
    01-19-2012 11:35 AM
    My SR doesn't do that with stock ROM. I almost wished it did! Mine just posts the SMS in the status bar at the top of my screen.

Chris
    2nd
    01-19-2012 11:41 AM
    3rd.

Do you have some kind of notification app installed?
    For example, when I installed the XBMC Remote app, my text messages kept showing up on my TV while watching a movie. I had to dig around for the setting to turn it off.
    01-19-2012 02:41 PM
    Mine doesn't do that either, just pops up in the notification bar, are you using a 3rd party messaging app, or a custom rom??
    01-19-2012 04:14 PM
    No pop-ups, brah.
    01-19-2012 05:11 PM
    Screenshot, please.
    01-19-2012 07:01 PM
    I use Handcent and I get popup notifications. If you use Handcent (and I presume that most of the third party messaging apps are similar), you have a few options:

1) You can completely disable the popups. Go into the app settings > Notification settings > Uncheck the box for "Enable Popup"

2) You can choose to enable popups and choose whether the text of the SMS shows immediately when it comes through or select "Privacy Mode" and it will only show once you unlock the screen.

3) You can also choose to not have the screen turn on for the popup.

Like I said, I assume that most of the other SMS apps offer the same/similar options...
    01-19-2012 07:17 PM
    The default messaging app does not have anything like this so the OP must be using a 3rd party SMS app like Handcent. I played around with Handcent a little bit, but I don't really like it too much as I'm now used to the stock SMS app on the SR. I like the pop-up notification and the quick reply, but that eliminated my privacy as even with the screen locked the entire message came up for me to read and reply to.

Chris
    01-19-2012 11:01 PM
    No it was the phone as it was bone stock with the stock messaging app. I have since installed go SMS pro and it has stopped. I'll see if I can disable the go SMS pro and recreate it and take a screenshot .
    01-19-2012 11:40 PM
    Is there a way to disable that really annoying and intrusive SMS pop up notification that invades the middle of your screen and displays your business to anyone who might have your phone in their hands?
    It's very much like the one on the iphone and I hate it.

And before anyone says anything yes I did a search and could not find anything.
    04-10-2012 05:43 PM
    did u find the answer for ur problem cuz im facing same thing...if u find solution can u plz share with me??
    04-10-2012 05:44 PM
    ...odd, I'm stock and only get SMS at the top of my screen.
    04-10-2012 06:27 PM
    Hello!

Has anyone tried the Popup Notifications for this purpose? Its a mature app, with great rates and supports themes, so you customize the pop-up that comes up when you receive new sms. It also support specifying a different theme per contact who sends you the sms, as well as other per contact notification options! It has plenty of options and it has been tested on a wide range of devices!

Market page:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pnotifications

Themes pages :
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.pn.icsthemes
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pn.pridethemes

Hope you like it!
    05-22-2012 05:33 AM
    Sorry for the duplicate entry!
    The thread took some time to update and include my answer, so I resubmitted it, resulting in 2 identical answers!
    05-22-2012 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD