4G dropping in and out

dbomb88

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My 4g signal keeps dropping. It doesnt appear to be picking up 3g service either. it wont let me send texts or make calls, internet obviously says it is disconnected. BUT when i dont have the nice little 4G animation, I do still have signal bars. So the phone is connecting to the towers it appears.

in a nutshell the phone will have 4g service and then appear to have no serivce at all. im in the chicagoland area and just started noticing these problems a few days ago. i wonder if it is an ATT issue or a phone issue.

Thoughts?

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
AT&T or the phone seems to have a problem handing off between LTE and HSPA+. I basically get no reception in areas w/ weak LTE or HSPA+.

Also, AT&T seems to have a hard time when there is alot of data traffic. When I was in Vegas over the weekend, on Sat night, my data connection was terrible, even though it reported full bars on HSPA+ (or 3 bars on LTE). But, later at night (like 2am), I was able to connect again w/o a problem.

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
AT&T just sent me a new phone for this very reason. Mine would show a circle with a line through it where my 4G LTE symbol should be. When this happened it wouldnt receive any kind of data whatsoever. My new phone arrived and has a way better signal and LTE speeds. I hit 57 Mbps down and 17 Mbps up this morning.

Not to mention the screen on this one is crystal clear and doesn't have any of the vertical lines or black blobs the other one showed when the brightness was at a low setting.

dbomb88

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
AT&T just sent me a new phone for this very reason. Mine would show a circle with a line through it where my 4G LTE symbol should be.

Well fortunately i dont have that kind of issue, but it really is annoying not having any serivice. I think its a combination between the phone and ATT but mostly i think its just ATT and a coverage issue. :( What a bummer. i really dont feel like getting on the phone with ATT customer service, i already know where that will get me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams