My phone is pretty new (got it over the weekend). I used it very lightly yesterday - so much so that when I went to plug it in over night, the phone said it was fully charged... so I decided to not charge it over night.

When I woke up (about 7 hours later) the phone was at 5% battery power!!

I'm concerened. How is it that I can use it lightly throughout the day and its still at full power, but over night, suddenly drop to 5% ?

I checked the settings and now turned off all auto WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, etc.... but I'm still concerened that something is wrong. From full power to 5% over night... and the phone was off/not in use... something not right.

Anyone?
    01-24-2012 07:34 AM
    Was the previous charge done with the charger and usb cable provided in the box? I've seen it discussed before and finally noticed it for myself this past week...some after market chargers and/or cables can do something to your phone so that it doesn't show the proper discharge rate/battery level. I noticed last week while traveling (with a different charger than I use at home) that my phone wouldn't show any battery usage for several hours and even then it would show a slow discharge. When I would power cycle the phone it would show the correct battery level (far less than what it showed prior to reset). This only occurs with certain charger/cable combos (even ones that AT&T claim to be compliant).

If you were using the charger/cable from the box then I'm out of ideas. You can try to download where's my droid power to see what is eating up your battery?!?!

Good luck and keep us posted.
    01-24-2012 07:53 AM
    ^ That may be the issue. Charger was the one that came with my Plantronics 925 Bluetooth Headset (used it simply because it was longer). I'll try the Samsung charger and see what happens.
    01-24-2012 08:28 AM
    Is there a way to see the exact % of battery life you have on your phone - without it being plugged into the charger?
    01-24-2012 08:28 AM
    menu/settings/about phone/status

there are also several battery widgets out there that i've used...circle battery widget is nice
    01-24-2012 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD