new phone, cracked LCD.

category5guy

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy s2 skyrocket only 40 days old, and the LCD screen developed cracks. I had my phone on my front pocket without anything that might puncture the screen. I went to use it, and the bottom of the screen was black. About an hour later, the entire screen was dark.

When I took it to att warranty, the worker saw two cracks on the LCD, which they said voids my warranty.

The LCD screen had a large 1.2 inch crack on the lower right corner, and then a small .25'' crack on upper left side.
How can the LCD screen, which is underneath the outer surface, crack without any trauma to the phone?

And even if I did cause these cracks, wouldn't the outer surface be cracked also?

And if I did cause it, doesn't that suggest these phones are too delicate to warrant their top dollar price?

What I suspect, is that I happened to get a phone from a batch that perhaps, had defective adhesives used in the manufacturig process. I know adhesives are used alot in electronics. So it's possible , and I think likely, that the adhesive on my phone over time conctracted (shrank) and thereby causing the screen to crack at the points of contraction.

Lucidmike

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I've read about 4-5 threads today about gorilla glass developing cracks mysteriously. Just google it. Maybe print it out, and take it to the at&t store. Don't let them convince you that you did something wrong. You know you didn't crack it. What does that mean? They gave you a defective device. Demand they make it right. Speak to the manager.

ToxicLizard

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, if you do manage to get them to send it away for repair, and the repair center decides it is out of warranty due to neglect, (at least here in Canada anyway) they will charge just for looking at the phone.
I would call Samsung directly and tell them your story, and see what they can do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech