Text Messages - Want More like iPhone Style

5Toes

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got the phone yesterday, love it so far. Its a great device, however I currently have one large gripe.

My text conversations are hard to read because the phone puts all of mine at the top on the right, and all of theirs on the left after mine. Basically to see what I said I have to scroll all the way up to the top

Is this changeable/fixable?

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just check out any of the after market txt apps. Handcent SMS and bite SMS are others you can check out. They all have lots of settings and controls so you can have then work exactly how you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JayPhill89

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Try GoSMS. It has a ton of settings and themes that let you customize it to the look you want. My favorite theme is the Black Minimal theme but there's an iPhone theme as well.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Wait, so your texts look like this?

__________________Yours1
__________________ Yours3
__________________ Yours5
__________________ Yours7
__________________ Yours9
Other2
Other4
Other6
Other8
Other10

Where 1-10 is the order they were sent? If so, that's bizarre. I can't see why any phone would do that. Mine never have, and I've used the same version of Touchwiz as the SGS2 before. Have any third party apps worked?

prelude884

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's actually a glitch. Never had it then one day it showed up. Switched ROMs and no issue. Went back to original rom and no longer had the issue. But you can get SMS time stamp fixer (something like that) in the market and it will fix it

robbinh00d

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Got my Skyrocket a couple of months ago and I absolutely HATE this. I feel your pain and wish there was a way around it.

I think the typespace is too big. The message preview window and keyboard sizes are okay....but where you actually type the SMS is like 4 lines deep. No need for that.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Seems like the OP was addressing an issue with stock Skyrocket messaging. NOT normal for messages to be out of order. Never had THAT problem.

Agree with some of the other issues brought up though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair