Internet speed for Skyrocket @AT&T Burbank CA

sajsuresh

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I live in Burbank CA, I have a Samsung Skyrocket phone bought like 40 days back. The internet speed is very pathetic most of the times. Its usually like 200K-500K , very rarely I see like 2Mbps.I used the same sim in my old iphone 3gs and its faster like 1.5-2.5 mbps mostly. I have 4g in the new phone but it is really slow.
Any idea if it is the device or AT&T 4g in Burbank ,CA is poor.
Thanks
Saj Suresh

IIxAcexII

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I live in Burbank CA, I have a Samsung Skyrocket phone bought like 40 days back. The internet speed is very pathetic most of the times. Its usually like 200K-500K , very rarely I see like 2Mbps.I used the same sim in my old iphone 3gs and its faster like 1.5-2.5 mbps mostly. I have 4g in the new phone but it is really slow.
Any idea if it is the device or AT&T 4g in Burbank ,CA is poor.
Thanks
Saj Suresh

You need to go to att and get a new sim card. They use new simcards for there new lte phones your iphone 3gs sim is the reason the speeds are slow.

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
My new Skyrocket is at home, UPS just delivered it, they said I could use my Inspire 4G SIM but I had the same problem coming from a Blackberry 9700 to the Inspire 4G, they were out of 4G sim cards at the time. Once I replaced the SIM in my Inspire, things were much faster, looking forward to LTE. Going to in-laws in Long Beach tonight, I give it a shot then....:)

sajsuresh

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks IIxAcexI and patrick533 for replying to my post. I am using a new SIM that came with the SIM and it does not have a 3g printed in it, so think it should be 4g SIM only.
I will go to AT&T and check, thanks again.

patrick533

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, I had to go into a LTE area twice. Once Friday and once today, I was there and mobile for a while both times. At 75Mph on the 91 freeway I was getting 22mbps x 10Mbps with the 4G sim card out of my old HTC Inspire, what has weird, go 2 miles down the road and I would hit HSDPA+ which I was getting 3Mbps x 1Mbps. This was true all through Long Beach and Signal Hill. Their LTE coverage in North OC and the South Bay is still VERY spotty. But I absolutely love the phone and the battery is much better then the Inspires ever was.

My wife who has the Samsung Captivate, after playing with the Skyrocket is ready for an upgrade now too. The battery on her phone is a joke.....