so maybe im blind but there are already a couple things that really drive me nuts. wats the first thing u wanna do when u get ur phone? set ringtones.......so heres my thing. when u go to set a ringtone, there is no option for custom ringtones....only the default ones on the phone, thats nuts. i know u can goto the file itself and set as ringtone for calls, but not for messaging.....and it can only be 300kb....really?!?! is there a way around this? my old razor can use bigger files than that....

tl;dr 300kb is really small for ringtones; why is there not an option while going thru phone and/or message settings to select a custom ringtone instead of only default

edit: also, is there a way to turn off the damn auto correct for texting? im using swype keyboard and have to add every other word as im texting....if i try to leave it alone then it just selects the first word it thinks i mean and replaces it automatically. looked all thru settings to fix it....
    02-13-2012 10:38 AM
    Setting>language and keyboard>(select the keyboard u are using)
    When you tap on the keyboard u use it gives you all the settings for that input method

Don't know about ringtones. Had A Nokia N97,
    That's the only phone I've had to use songs directly from music player to set as ringtones
    02-13-2012 11:24 AM
    I downloaded rings extended from the market to fix the ringtone issue.

Sent from my Skyrocket.
    02-13-2012 12:06 PM
    I have ringtone maker pro from the market. It lets you take the songs you have on the phone and make a ringtone out of it, it will make sure it's small enough to use.
    02-13-2012 03:45 PM
    I use zedge free ringtone/wallpaper/message tone app

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket
    02-13-2012 04:42 PM
    Or you can just move the file you want into the ringtone or notification folder and then the size wont matter.
    02-13-2012 06:47 PM
    Make a folder on the SD card or storage called media, in that make a folder called audio, in there make two folders called ringtones, and notifications. You have to label them exactly and check your spelling. Files in those folders show up in the default list as normal ring/notification tones.

Good luck! (That's how the ring tone makers save them btw)
    ChillFactorz, Phantym and rebamb like this.
    02-13-2012 06:49 PM
    thnx elite.....the ring extender didnt work for setting alarm, but your method did
    02-13-2012 07:12 PM
    edit: also, is there a way to turn off the damn auto correct for texting? im using swype keyboard and have to add every other word as im texting....if i try to leave it alone then it just selects the first word it thinks i mean and replaces it automatically. looked all thru settings to fix it....
    You can also try another keyboard. I'm using Touchpal. It has Swype capabilities, and an option to toggle autocorrect on and off on the spacebar.
    02-13-2012 07:19 PM
    thnx elite.....the ring extender didnt work for setting alarm, but your method did
    Glad to help
    02-13-2012 07:34 PM
    I use zedge free ringtone/wallpaper/message tone app

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket
    2nd! Zedge is great.
    02-14-2012 08:15 AM
    I use zedge also, ringtone selection isn't the best but there are a few good ones on there.

I was in the same boat after switching from iPhone and found several of the keyboards annoying until I ran across this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=search_result Again this is my preference but it was the only one that didn't make me not want to throw it out the window.
    02-16-2012 05:31 PM
    Yeah, I also use Zedge! As for the keyboard try the ICS keyboard on the Market.... the one by John Tanmi.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network
    02-17-2012 07:36 AM
    I just put a Ringtones folder off the root of the SD card and put whatever I want there.

For keyboard, check out SwiftKey. It's pretty sweet.
    02-17-2012 08:28 AM
    so if you make a separate ring tune folder as described above can the tune be more than 300
    02-18-2012 12:13 PM
    so if you make a separate ring tune folder as described above can the tune be more than 300
    On my galaxy nexus they can be. Don't know how much help that is though.
    02-18-2012 03:38 PM
    I use SwiftKey and I love it. I type extremely fast and a little messy at times and it keeps my typos to a bare minimum. It is by far the best keyboard I've tried so far.
    02-19-2012 01:18 AM
    I use Swiftkey and it works very well.

On a separate note, I'm an iPhone transplant and bought the Skyrocket last week and couldn't be happier. But, the ring tone selection is abysmal. Does anyone know how to get the "Classic Telephone" ring tone downloaded like the one that's on the iPhone? I'm not sure if it's an iPhone exclusive ring tone, but I really like it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    02-19-2012 09:31 AM
    For ringtones, i use PhoneZoo. It's free, and it works great.
    02-19-2012 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD