Skyrocket Desktop Dock

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
hmm, well if the one I got doesn't work with a case, I might pick that one up and use the current one for home.

I'll find out more this week(ordered a Diztronic case) that will be here Wednesday.

I have a Diztronic case now. If it works for you, I'll pull the trigger on the dock too! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a Diztronic case now. If it works for you, I'll pull the trigger on the dock too! :)

Well I got my case last night, and just got to work, and it is just a hair too big. Nothing a slight sanding/grinding with a dremel won't fix.

Gonna work on that tonight. Looks like I need to shave off about 1.5-2 mm (yes that's how close it is)

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok measured and dremeled it all. Shave off 1mm on either side and you also have to shave off at least 1mm on the bottom as well.

Once you do this, it fits perfectly.

As a note, I recommend if you try, set your dermal to 10k rpm minimum. Once you grind away enough material go back over it with either a polishing brush or polishing cotton wheel to smooth out the burrs. On polishing set the dermal to the lowest rpm you can and move it around not staying on one spot for long.

Reactions: jsarino

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok measured and dremeled it all. Shave off 1mm on either side and you also have to shave off at least 1mm on the bottom as well.

Once you do this, it fits perfectly.

As a note, I recommend if you try, set your dermal to 10k rpm minimum. Once you grind away enough material go back over it with either a polishing brush or polishing cotton wheel to smooth out the burrs. On polishing set the dermal to the lowest rpm you can and move it around not staying on one spot for long.

Thanks for the tip! Haven't used my dremel set in awhile, looks like it'll have some use. :) Guess I better order the dock!

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
It is ridiculous that we (Android phone owners) have to go to these ends to get accessories to work with our devices. There still isn't an official Skyrocket window mount yet. If I wanted one for an iPhone I would have a dozen different models available in multiple colors. I wish the manufacturers would settle on a standardized format or set of formats.

nesto1

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It is ridiculous that we (Android phone owners) have to go to these ends to get accessories to work with our devices. There still isn't an official Skyrocket window mount yet. If I wanted one for an iPhone I would have a dozen different models available in multiple colors. I wish the manufacturers would settle on a standardized format or set of formats.

That's the thing about Android and why people love cause they're not forced into a single form factor.

On xda website, they mention this place for car mounts
Car & Vehicle Mounts?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

I agree about the having to modify crap to work, but to be honest it worked fine before, I just want to dock with the case on.

Altarocks

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Altarock, purchased this one on ebay and it works with, a case just fine. Has an insert to use without a case as well.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=250999604862&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=27337321768

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

After a long slow boat ride from Korea finally arrived today. I think I may have received the wrong dock. Naked phone won't fit with the insert, and is pretty snug without the insert. I can't see this fitting a SR with any case. :(

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
That's the thing about Android and why people love cause they're not forced into a single form factor.

On xda website, they mention this place for car mounts
Car & Vehicle Mounts?-?ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, GPS, and Handheld Devices

I agree about the having to modify crap to work, but to be honest it worked fine before, I just want to dock with the case on.

I love Android but the severely fractured nature of the hardware and even software really frustrate me. IMO, the phone vendors, Android developers, and end users would be better off with fewer options. Next time you're at Best Buy or whatever, look at the massive amount of Android devices. If the number was cut in half there would still be a huge amount of options.

Thanks for the link on the car mount. Unfortunately, the car I have (Saturn Astra) doesn't give enough detail on what the mount looks like when mounted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance