Hi everyone I have a Skyrocket that I have had for about three weeks and I love it except for im a little questionable about the battery, I am not rooted. I think if I am to root and do some other things I will like the battery life a lot more. My question though is I am not in a LTE area currently and I am wondering if once I get LTE if my Battery will get a lot worse? If someone could give me some insight on wether being in a LTE area will make it worse and if so how much, please let me know if you have some experience with this or know more about it. I am just worried that once LTE comes the battery drain will be too much. I currently get about 12-15 hours of pretty light use.
    Thanks
    03-02-2012 01:34 PM
    I'm in the Tampa Bay Area. When I got my Skyrocket we didn't have LTE yet - or it was in a VERY limited area. Now I've got LTE in Tampa and 20 miles west where I live. I haven't noticed a difference in battery life.
    03-02-2012 03:24 PM
    it all really depends on your everyday's usage scenario. if you gonna stream or dld large amounts of data (movies music games etc.) your battery will discharge pretty quickly. mine lasts me from 10 to 16 hours from full charge. but i dont dld or stream anything, mostly internet browsing. the battery in this phone is generally worse than i used to have with my Moto Atrix. but thats mainly because of the large screen i think...
    Edit:
    i do use my phone to occasionally tether with my ipad but i haven't really noticed any serious battery drain either...
    03-02-2012 06:55 PM
    I have been getting decent battery on 4G im just worried that LTE may kill it because i have heard that it makes it way worse but i have also heard that some people see no difference as robor007 has seen. The problem is that i would be able to test it because this next week i am going to Washington DC and they have LTE, except during the time that i am gone my 30 day return period will be up. I mainly use mine for browsing the web sometimes, using the maps app when needed, some words with friends, and mainly voice calls and texting.
    03-02-2012 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD