Have you run into these problems?
    Got a solution?

I'm using the built-in email app with an Earthlink acct (POP). Issues I am having:

1) Wrong message gets deleted:
    When I hold down on a message until the action window opens, and tell it to delete it, it often keeps that message, but deletes another one instead. Very frustrating, as I travel, and the deleted message is usually something important that I didn't want deleted!

2) On Refresh, it deletes 50-100 messages, then re-loads them and loads new ones, but always misses some.
    This chews up data usage (more on that next), but the bigger annoyance is I will search for a message from a few days ago I know I didn't manually delete, and it's not there.

3) Because of the way it deletes and re-loads on Refresh, if I try to have it PUSH email it uses huge amounts of data. Now I have to manually PULL email, or set its Refresh rate very low, both NOT what I want.

4) Email app completely FROZE once so far, would not Refresh, couldn't send, etc.

5) Adding one I forgot: The emails are often out of order
    This is a pain! If I scan the titles of the most recent 10-15 emails and don't see something urgent, I have a false sense of security, as there is often an email that should have been in the most recent group, but somehow appears (if it does) much further down

All of this makes for an unreliable email system, and I'm fed up with it.

Actions taken so far with ATT:
    1) Went to a ATT store when the app froze. They said, basically, we're here to sign up accounts and sell phones. You'll need to go to a regional store we've designated as a support center (gave me a flyer with locations). I said, No, it's 7:40pm, do something. They replaced the SIM (this seems the default answer), deleted my email account (that was scary!), and I had to re-create the account in the app, and watch it load 100s of emails.

2) Called a regional ATT "support center" store on the list. They said the SR is so new, they don't have any in stock, and normally don't, and if I come in they will cheerfully...... replace the SIM!

(Yes, I added the cheerfully part)

I think I will have much better help on the forum, don't you?

So, thanks for reading, and please help!
    03-06-2012 07:57 PM
    Have you tried using a different email app with pop support? I would try k9 mail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Green Tapatalk
    tau168 likes this.
    03-06-2012 07:59 PM
    +1 on K 9 Email... Handles POP email accounts and other types nicely.
    tau168 likes this.
    03-06-2012 08:06 PM
    blweldon2, no not yet, but I'm game. I'll look for k9 in the app market. Thanks!
    03-06-2012 08:09 PM
    Paul627g and blweldon2,

OK, I'm running on K-9 Email. Have pulled down 1200+ emails (about 80MB). I'll keep test driving, but so far, Mikey likes it!
    Paul627g likes this.
    03-06-2012 08:56 PM
    I personally use a gmail account, but I know some people that use k9 and they love it.

03-06-2012 09:25 PM
    I'm using the built-in gmail app for my gmail acct, but I've had my Earthlink acct FOREVER and need to keep using it.
    03-06-2012 09:30 PM
    Then k9 should be perfect for you.

03-06-2012 09:52 PM