I just missed a deal AT&T had for SR refurb's at $19.99, had to wait for a return to get back into their warehouse for the exchange to happen & now out of stock.

New SR's are $139-$199 under contract. At this point in time, is it worth waiting for the next best thing or just grab a SR? Sounds like the Galaxy S3 is a late summer/fall release & from what I read last night the Sony Experia Ion was a 2nd qtr release(which I don't know a whole lot about how they will be). Just not thinking much new is coming very soon unless I missed something?
    03-07-2012 08:50 AM
    Amazon has it for $99.99 with no tax and free shipping. For us here in CA that's a savings of about $150!
    03-07-2012 01:16 PM
    I just missed a deal AT&T had for SR refurb's at $19.99, had to wait for a return to get back into their warehouse for the exchange to happen & now out of stock.

New SR's are $139-$199 under contract. At this point in time, is it worth waiting for the next best thing or just grab a SR? Sounds like the Galaxy S3 is a late summer/fall release & from what I read last night the Sony Experia Ion was a 2nd qtr release(which I don't know a whole lot about how they will be). Just not thinking much new is coming very soon unless I missed something?
    Look at the Note. I would switch in a heart beat for one. But the S3 would probably be my choice if it was available but not enough data on it yet.
    03-07-2012 02:28 PM
    Amazon has it for $99.99 with no tax and free shipping. For us here in CA that's a savings of about $150!
    Yeah, I got someone else with a $10 plan added on my account, so that puts me under Family plans & doubles the price that Amazon offers.

Really wish the S3 was laid out factually as to what it will or will not be. Obviously understand why they are not releasing that info though.

The Note is cool, but damn it is big.

Curious what the Sony releases will be, but kind of thinking we got what we got for the next few months from Samsung, Sony & Motorola. May just keep hitting the refurb page for the next week to see what pops up there.

Thanks for the info guys.
    03-07-2012 05:48 PM
    I guess I was lucky to spot it early and quick enough to jump on it and grabbed one (actually it's only $9.99 + tax).
    Now I've got it, I want to make sure everything works fine since it's a refurb. What things should I pay particular attention to when I test/use it?
    I am afraid if I don't test/use all the features I might missed something before the 3-month warranty for urefurbed unit run out.
    A recommendation of a list of thing to test/try will be appreciated.
    03-09-2012 01:23 PM
    I guess I was lucky to spot it early and quick enough to jump on it and grabbed one (actually it's only $9.99 + tax).
    Now I've got it, I want to make sure everything works fine since it's a refurb. What things should I pay particular attention to when I test/use it?
    I am afraid if I don't test/use all the features I might missed something before the 3-month warranty for urefurbed unit run out.
    A recommendation of a list of thing to test/try will be appreciated.
    Yes, you were fortunate. They have them posted on their site again. Although they have went from $9.99 - $19.99 to now $49.99. Guess they are proud of their refurbishing job on this latest batch?
    03-17-2012 07:02 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the refurbs only have a 30 or 90 day warranty right? And I don't imagine there's the 30 day trial period either, is there? For me, it's worth spending the extra $50 at get a new one at Amazon.

Still haven't decided if I'm going with the Skyrocket though. I think I'll wait until next month and see if the GS2 HD comes out and how different from the regular Skyrocket it is. Am also hoping that ATT releases the ICS update too
    03-17-2012 07:58 PM
    Yes, you still have the 30 day return window. Am waiting for the official AT&T specs on the HD too before buying anything. Just wish they would hurry up about it.
    03-18-2012 12:03 AM
    $19 refurbs are back.

I ordered a $49 refurb a couple days ago. I'm going to contact them and see if they will adjust the price for me.

EDIT: I tried first through online chat and they told me I would need to cancel my current order and order again to get the new prices. They were very nice about it, and said I could probably call in and see if they would just credit the account for the difference. I called in, and that is exactly what they did. I was quite pleased with the customer service.
    03-22-2012 07:56 AM
    Yep.. just saw the $19.99 deal though we get stuck paying CA sales tax on the full retail price but the savings are still pretty good and they do honor the 30 day trial period on a refurb too.. Anyone ever bought a refurb from ATT before and if so, how was it? Am a bit nervous about getting it, but at the same time, the savings over a new phone seem well worth it.
    03-22-2012 01:47 PM
    Well after spending 20 min on the phone with ATT online support, I learned that ATT charges sales tax for CA residents based on the FULL NO CONTRACT price ($549) making the phone NOT such a good deal. In other words, all I save is $36 over buying a NEW one from Amazon who does NOT charge sales tax or shipping either. Sure glad I checked before pulling the trigger! Needless to say, paying $36 for an additional NINE months of warranty is always a good deal! Cheers!
    03-22-2012 02:36 PM
    Yep.. just saw the $19.99 deal though we get stuck paying CA sales tax on the full retail price but the savings are still pretty good and they do honor the 30 day trial period on a refurb too.. Anyone ever bought a refurb from ATT before and if so, how was it? Am a bit nervous about getting it, but at the same time, the savings over a new phone seem well worth it.
    I bought a S2 refurb & they could have reboxed it as new & no one would have been the wiser. It looked brand new! Sent it back before the 30 days, though not due to any issue with the phone at all.
    03-22-2012 11:48 PM
    This is the first refurb phone I have purchased (arrives today or tomorrow), but I have bought several electronic devices as refurbs (laptops, TV, etc.) and have yet to have a single one that didn't look brand new. In fact, I think the only thing off about my laptop was a "windows 7" sticker that was slightly askew. The cost savings make it completely worth the risk, in my opinion.
    03-23-2012 09:56 AM
    Good to hear, but since I'm in CA it just doesn't make sense to pay $100 for a refurb when I can get a new one with full one year warranty from Amazon for $36 more. I'm a fence sitter right now anyway, and am contemplating the Note also. I wonder if there will be any Note refurbs soon? I would think there would have to be since a refurb in most cases is a phone that was returned.
    03-23-2012 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD