My daughter and I both want the Skyrocket, but currently I can't find it for less than $199. The Amazon $99 offer is only for new accounts, so that doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?????
    03-20-2012 12:31 PM
    It may drop in price once the Galaxy S III gets closer to release.
    Just depends if you can wait the 2 months or so when it comes out.
    03-20-2012 12:33 PM
    My daughter and I both want the Skyrocket, but currently I can't find it for less than $199. The Amazon $99 offer is only for new accounts, so that doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?????
    Have your tried calling AT&T. I got mine for $149 by asking.
    03-20-2012 01:02 PM
    I called last Friday and the online price given to me was actually $239. They told me to go to an AT&T retail store for the $199 price. I have a 90 minute drive home tonight, so I will call again. You would think being a ten year customer would get you something.
    Thanks
    03-20-2012 01:53 PM
    Not true - the $99 offer from Amazon is good for existing AT&T customers - it is NOT just for new accounts. I just ordered mine!
    03-20-2012 02:16 PM
    Individual or family plan. I was told it was not available if you have an existing family plan.
    03-20-2012 02:22 PM
    Car toys in Washington state is where I bought mine(online), their price today says $179 on their main page but when you go to the info tab the phone drops to $89 for existing AT&T customers.

Beat the heck out of Amazons price 2-3 months ago when I bought mine.

Will be buying my wife one there next month...... The only difference from amazon, I think the shipping was 2 days instead of overnight and it took them a day to ship it, so like 3 days total shipping. When I bought my Inspire from Amazon, I think Amazon shipped it overnight the same day. I will wait for a 100 dollar bill!
    03-20-2012 02:42 PM
    Individual or family plan. I was told it was not available if you have an existing family plan.
    I personally have an individual plan with AT&T but Amazon had both options during check out making it look like it would work either way.
    03-20-2012 02:51 PM
    Same thing they told me 3 months ago.
    03-20-2012 03:03 PM
    Just called Car Toiys. Price is $89 if you don't have an existing data plan but are adding a new one. Price is $139 if you are carrying over an existing data plan.
    03-20-2012 03:10 PM
    Just called Car Toiys. Price is $89 if you don't have an existing data plan but are adding a new one. Price is $139 if you are carrying over an existing data plan.
    I had a plan and I was on a family plan, they just made me change it to a higher plan. The new 3Gb plan vs the old 2Gb plan, I think the change was 5 bucks a month. I am the primary line on a family plan though, just checked, I can't upgrade my wife till next month.

There was a lady at car toys I pestered the heck out of. Maybe they changed their policy. In the end my plan did not even change(Shhhhh!)
    03-20-2012 03:22 PM
    So everyone here is absolutely JAZZED about their Skyrocket? I'm still really deliberating for a number of reasons: A) Flimsy build quality, B) Bloatware that can't be removed C) No ICS update yet and D) the GS3 when finally announced will likely be a quantum leap from the Skyrocket.. at a price of course

I like the phone, but am not Ga Ga over it, though it's head and shoulders superior to my old iPhone 3G. Regardless, I think the best thing to do is wait a bit and see what happens. The price will no doubt drop to $50 or less at Amazon, that's for sure!
    03-20-2012 07:10 PM
    Your good fortune is safe with me.
    03-21-2012 09:42 AM
    I was worried about the building quality at first but I have had min since Nov and have no complaints aside from how quick the battery drains when using gps but that's with any phone.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket
    03-21-2012 09:49 AM
    Final Update: Just got off he phone with ATT and I purchases the Skyrocket for $169. In addition they waived the $36 activiation fee, gave me free shipping and reduced my txt messaging plan $10/month as long as I'm an ATT customer. This was like buying a car. This phone better be worth it.
    03-21-2012 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD