whats up my fellow rocket men!

i just got a new white skyrocket from at&t today for $199. i have been an iPhoner since they came out 5 years ago i haven't had anything else except for a few temporary replacements in-between when i would lose them or break them...

first thing I've got to say is this beast is HUGE! the screen is awesome and the brightness and colors are great but this thing is almost the size of my iPad!! i really like that it accepts a lot of the same apps and gestures as the iPhone since thats what I'm used to.

just a couple of questions... how can i change the lock screen back ground from that blue star whatever? also, for the home screen background, i think the live background is really pretty sweet but is there a place to download other ones? or do you just get the preloaded?

how do you guys save battery? i know mine is new and i will break it in and exercise it full charge to 0% for a while but what else do y'all do regularly to save juice?

any other tips or tricks for this noob is really appreciated! thanks y'all
    03-21-2012 10:17 PM
    Search the market place for new wallpapers or even on the homepage of this site. To change your lockscreen, on your home screen press your menu button, settings, then there should be a display section
    03-21-2012 10:24 PM
    With the wallpaper, just download any picture you want(be mindfull of the dimensions 480x800) and go into gallery, go into the picture you wnat, hit your options button(bottem left of phone) and choose set as.

As for battery life, you will NOT get iPhone style battery life. You'll probably want some sort of assistance in managing and I personally recommend Juice Defender (I paid for Ultimate but it's up to you for that)
    03-22-2012 10:06 AM
    Hey MC.. Glad to hear you pulled the trigger and switched from the iPhone.. I guess you didn't know you could have purchased the Skyrocket at Amazon for $99 with no tax or shipping? Am wondering if you're in an LTE area also like we are here in the SF Bay area.

Would love to know how you transition from iOS to Android. I've had my iPhone 3G since it came out and convinced that Andrios is a FAR better OS. I've been researching what my next phone will be and am getting antsy but cannot decide between the G Note or Skyrocket.. Or I may wait for the GS2HD.

P.S. Not sure if you know this but ATT has a $9.99 deal on the GS2, though it's not 4G LTE as you know.
    03-22-2012 01:12 PM
    whats up my fellow rocket men!

i just got a new white skyrocket from at&t today for $199. i have been an iPhoner since they came out 5 years ago i haven't had anything else except for a few temporary replacements in-between when i would lose them or break them...

first thing I've got to say is this beast is HUGE! the screen is awesome and the brightness and colors are great but this thing is almost the size of my iPad!! i really like that it accepts a lot of the same apps and gestures as the iPhone since thats what I'm used to.

just a couple of questions... how can i change the lock screen back ground from that blue star whatever? also, for the home screen background, i think the live background is really pretty sweet but is there a place to download other ones? or do you just get the preloaded?

how do you guys save battery? i know mine is new and i will break it in and exercise it full charge to 0% for a while but what else do y'all do regularly to save juice?

any other tips or tricks for this noob is really appreciated! thanks y'all
    I did just what u did I have had the skyrocket for about 2 weeks now I will not be going back to my iPhone I had to jailbreak my iPhone just to have the functionality I have with my skyrocket stock I was with ios since the 3g days with the bigger screen on the skyrocket now that I'm used to it, I could never go any smaller good luck just play around with it watch some u tube videos showing u around touchwiz and u will find the transition easy and smooth

Sent from my skyrocket
    03-22-2012 04:08 PM
    To change your lock screen wallpaper click on settings, then display, then on screen display, then you'll see the options for changing the homescreen and lockscreen wallpapers. You can download different wallpapers or even use pics from your gallery. I hope this helps and Congrats on making a great decision in becoming a Rocket Man.
    robor007 and jefsen like this.
    03-26-2012 11:14 PM
    On a phone, Android is the FAR superior OS. The iPhone and iOS are nice as far as accessories and integration goes (everything supports the iPhone). But if you want customization and options, Android is where it's at.
    03-27-2012 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD