I need some help on my new Skyrocket. This is my first Samsung so I don't know if I am just missing an obvious setting or if there is something wrong with my machine.

I can't get this dang thing to vibrate. It vibrates when you turn it off and turn it on, and vibrates (as a confirmation) when you turn the volume down all the way to silent. Other than that, the dang thing won't vibrate.

I have tried all the different vibration modes in settings (always, only when silent, etc). I have my gmail notifications set to always vibrate. I have vibration intensity set to the max.

Not sure what else I can be missing? I just got the phone Saturday, and I spent the first day trying out different profile managers. I haven't found one that completely satisfies everything I want to do, so I have deleted them all for the time being. Could it be that one of these apps caused a problem? I would think that whatever it turned off I would be able to turn back on in the settings, but maybe not. Thought about doing a factory reset, but thought I would check with you guys/gals first.
    03-26-2012 11:12 AM
    Have you tried looking in the Sound tab in Settings? There are a few different options such as "vibrate on screen tap." One of those apps may have disabled something.
    03-26-2012 05:15 PM
    Have you tried looking in the Sound tab in Settings? There are a few different options such as "vibrate on screen tap." One of those apps may have disabled something.
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have tried all the different settings in the Sounds tab. Currently, I have Vibration set to always, Vibration Intensity on max, and everything checked except Silent Mode and Haptic Feedback, but have tried both of those too and that didn't help.
    03-26-2012 05:36 PM
    Try installing sound manager and pressing menu, vibrate settings, and checking vibrate whenever possible under notification settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-26-2012 05:53 PM
    I've been having the same EXACT issue as you Whitenack. I haven't installed any profile apps however. I have the vibration on always, and intensity at max. The vibration works when reboot or moving the vibration sliders...but nothing when someone sends a text or email.

Did you figure it out?
    04-23-2012 09:08 AM
    I've been having the same EXACT issue as you Whitenack. I haven't installed any profile apps however. I have the vibration on always, and intensity at max. The vibration works when reboot or moving the vibration sliders...but nothing when someone sends a text or email.

Did you figure it out?
    Yeah, mine ended up being a problem with a profile scheduler I had downloaded, tried out, then deleted. It turned off some things before I deleted it and I couldn't get them turned back on even though it showed being on. It had to download it again, turn things back on, then delete it again.

If you haven't tried any profile apps, I'm not sure what the problem could be. I have vibration on "always" like you, but I also have vibration selected on each of the apps. Check and see. Also, see if the phone vibrates when you get a call.
    04-23-2012 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD