From iPhone 4 to Skyrocket

Fire29Rescue

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Evening all!

I've been with this skyrocket for about a month now, can't complain. I had an iPhone for years...I work for Verizon (how weird right?) and my co consultant got a nexus...running 4G...and what he could do on the android OS made me realize I had fallen for Apples sad marketing and I was due to upgrade as it was so I took the skyrocket. Bare in mind I wanted a 4G LTE capable phone, and something more user friendly as far as customization.

None the less, I love this phone, I'm only on HSPA+ for now but it is a huge improvement from the cruddy 3G the iPhone 4 was using.

My only dislike....I loaded all my music onto the phone, and I use it when I drive to work and such like half the population does.

My question for the android experts here....when I'm playing music, on my iPhone 4 it would dim the music to alert me via whatever ringtone I had set, then it would resume full volume, the Skyrocket completely stops playing music, plays the tone at a ridiculously loud level (i listen to rock and loud...lol) and it nearly gives me a heart attack, is there a setting to modify this? Or pretty much silencing the phone while I'm driving?

Not looking for a step by step tutorial, just curious :cool:

Thanks!

gnark001

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, in fact not only media player but i have noticed this with youtube also.
If I am playing any song on youtube and any notification pops up, youtube would stop playing and i have to click the screen to resume the play... :(

Help if anyone knows how to fix it....

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Evening all!

I've been with this skyrocket for about a month now, can't complain. I had an iPhone for years...I work for Verizon (how weird right?) and my co consultant got a nexus...running 4G...and what he could do on the android OS made me realize I had fallen for Apples sad marketing and I was due to upgrade as it was so I took the skyrocket. Bare in mind I wanted a 4G LTE capable phone, and something more user friendly as far as customization.

None the less, I love this phone, I'm only on HSPA+ for now but it is a huge improvement from the cruddy 3G the iPhone 4 was using.

My only dislike....I loaded all my music onto the phone, and I use it when I drive to work and such like half the population does.

My question for the android experts here....when I'm playing music, on my iPhone 4 it would dim the music to alert me via whatever ringtone I had set, then it would resume full volume, the Skyrocket completely stops playing music, plays the tone at a ridiculously loud level (i listen to rock and loud...lol) and it nearly gives me a heart attack, is there a setting to modify this? Or pretty much silencing the phone while I'm driving?

Not looking for a step by step tutorial, just curious :cool:

Thanks!
There is a setting and since you don't want a "step-by-step" turorial, that's all I'll say. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay