Skyrocket (HD)

spike913

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Just spoke to 2 larger stores in the Philadelphia area ... and one over in NJ ...

All of them said they do not have a release date.

Two of them said that the new phones release every other Sunday, and that this past weekend did not include the HD. Therefore, unless it is a big promotional release, they dont expect any new models for another two weeks.

(one store also told me that they get them in stock by the night before, so they can sell them upon the store opening the next day)

So I guess we have to wait 2 more weeks to see if they start shipping

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
OK.. this is strange that bdurb456 in NJ is hearing the ATT stores will have them this week and a couple of other areas have said the same thing, though the consensus is that it's not coming out.. Seems to me that we're dealing with some ATT sales people that are just sayin' they're getting the HD without actually knowing, LOL. Go figure :)

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
OK.. this is strange that bdurb456 in NJ is hearing the ATT stores will have them this week and a couple of other areas have said the same thing, though the consensus is that it's not coming out.. Seems to me that we're dealing with some ATT sales people that are just sayin' they're getting the HD without actually knowing, LOL. Go figure :)

Either that or the release will not be nationwide, but will be targeted areas.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just called my local AT&T store and they never head of the SkyRocket HD. He kept thinking I meant the current SkyRocket. Other than the screen, what is the point of getting this phone?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Matt.. from what I've read there will be other improvements beyond just the screen which it appears may be larger than the SR. Why go through the trouble of releasing a new version if all the manufacturer is doing would be more pixels in the screen? Doesn't make sense. I have to think that Sammy will introduce something new with the HD. Time will tell :)

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Matt.. from what I've read there will be other improvements beyond just the screen which it appears may be larger than the SR. Why go through the trouble of releasing a new version if all the manufacturer is doing would be more pixels in the screen? Doesn't make sense. I have to think that Sammy will introduce something new with the HD. Time will tell :)

Wasn't it suppose to come out today though?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
jontalk, if that's the case, why bring it out with the quad phones coming out in the horizon, the S3 included? You already have the SR and Note to fill your needs, and the focus should be getting ICS out for those (and the S2) pronto!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk

JerseyJet

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Returned last night to both stores that told me they would have the Skyrocket HD this week. BOTH backtracked, saying they are on the “list” to offer when it’s released, but they don’t have it in stock yet. Neither could confirm a release date. Of course both also offered to sell me a variety of other phones which I hadn’t asked about. I’m done going to stores and calling ATT, I’ll just wait for the HD to be released and get it then.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Jacques.. I agree in many respects. But they let the cat out of the bag when the press about the HD passing FCC requirements was released. So now, we're all curious what the HD will be like and if it ever will be released. It's hard to be patient when wanting to switch to a new phone.

I doubt we'll see the GS3 anytime soon. Meantime, the ICS updates are sure to be released for many of the Sammy phones and having played with a Vivid with ICS its very cool. The Note is also mesmerizing though the size is hard to get used to, but it's not really just a smart phone either :)

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
One phone that may be rumored to show up might be the Galaxy Nexus. If that happens, curious how many people would go to that vs the SR HD. Camera is more inferior, but screens would be similar, and being that it'll have ICS out of the box and no carrier restrictions, may give it an edge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz