I went to the att store today just to look around. my upgrade is due in april and I'm not sure to pull the trigger or wait it out a little longer to see whats coming out. Anyway my blackberry 9800 is so old now and not sure of the future of rim. Anyway I was very impressed with both the skyrocket and note. The note really is a little big for me. For a man I guess I have smaller hands so I didn't like the feel of it in my hand. It surely would be a 2 handed device. No holding it and moving thumbs around thats for sure.

I then picked up the skyrocket and OMG it felt so good and light. Like it was just made for my hands. The screen was sharp and clear as any I have ever seen and fast too. The guy put a live sim card in it for me and let me play. It was great.

Now I hear on here that a skyrocket HD is coming out April 8 . It has a slightly bigger screen but same body size. Hmmmmmm Something to consider I guess. Anyway my update is not due till April 28th so I go to wait to at leas then.

Any thoughts anyone
    03-30-2012 04:43 PM
    Like you I have been investigating these same devices.

I think you need to realize (as I have learned from those in the Note forum), that the G Note is NOT just a smart phone, but rather a completely unique device in its own category. Samsung is including a whole suite of S Pen apps in the ICS update for it, too. It's really a business oriented tablet, media device and phone is a 5" lightweight package. So you have to ask yourself whether a device like this fits your needs. And you're correct about it not being a one handed device, too

As to the Skyrocket, it's available in black on Amazon for $99 no tax or shipping, which makes it very tempting. However, the imminent release of the GS2 HD has me hold off, as does the release of the HTC One X. Many seem to think that the GS3 will not be as big an iPhone killer as the HTC One X! The only problem I see with the HTC is how much on board memory it will have and that you cannot remove the battery.

My two cents.
    03-30-2012 06:15 PM
    The Note is ...umm..."growing on me"...I pick one up every time I see one at the store...and I really think about going for it...concealing the thing is a concern as there are parts of Cleveland I wouldn't want to be walking around with this thing hanging out as you might be apt to get robbed. Yes, JT, I would think twice about any phone I can't easily remove the battery from...one of the things that bothered me on the iphone 4s.
    03-31-2012 08:22 AM
    ...wait, wait, wait! So the fact that I bought a Skyrocket on 30th March was not a good idea?

Then again, if the HD version gets released within 30 days, I'd be able to exchange it, no? I'm rather concerned about the battery, and the use of it. I really NEED an Android device that will last me at least the 8 hours during the day.
    04-01-2012 06:34 PM
    You have the 30 days to return so don't worry. I have no problem getting through 8 hours. Even with hours of calls and heavy use I have no problem getting through at least 16 hours with plenty to spare. While ymmv, I think you will have no problems with the battery, and it's easy to swap batteries if you ever need to. I'm still within my 30 days too, and I am considering trading in for a SR HD if that opportunity presents itself, but will want to see and try it first.
    04-01-2012 07:27 PM
    ...wait, wait, wait! So the fact that I bought a Skyrocket on 30th March was not a good idea?

Then again, if the HD version gets released within 30 days, I'd be able to exchange it, no? I'm rather concerned about the battery, and the use of it. I really NEED an Android device that will last me at least the 8 hours during the day.
    Yes with a $35 restocking fee
    04-06-2012 07:47 PM
    then again with the higher hd display will cause more battery drain.....to each their own tho
    04-08-2012 07:27 PM
    ...good point, boredpnoy. But, I'm sure one can manage it with a few changes on the device.
    04-08-2012 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD