04-25-2012 09:58 AM
67 123
tools
    My AT&T shop is NOT opened on Sunday (not a dealer, a real AT&T shop). So I doubt it would be released on that day...
    I thought phones usually gets released on Sunday... (at least at&t)
    04-06-2012 09:20 PM
    Very good stats today...

Sent from the Sky via a Rocket...
    04-06-2012 11:09 PM
    Even better...

Sent from the Sky via a Rocket...
    04-07-2012 12:31 AM
    I'm starting to wonder about the need for Juice Defender at all. I documented an issue I am having in another post with a failure of my phone to wake up from standby without a battery pull. I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with JD, so I have disabled it for a couple of days to see if I have another wake-up episode. Right now I am on 27 hours and at 30%. My screen on time is at 2 hours and change...admittedly low for a Friday/Saturday for me...but I still have 30% left, and NO juice defender on. I have about 1 hour of call time right now. I'm going to let it run down and see how far a calibrated battery can go on this...a couple of things...I keep my screen brightness down fairly low when not out driving around...I'm currently at just about 30% brightness and I go up to about 50% when driving to fight sun washout. I make sure before I leave the house to shut down wifi. That's about it. First thing to check when you are looking for great battery life on this phone is to put it in standby and don't use it for an hour. You should lose no more than 1% per hour in a well performing, well behaved phone. If you are losing more than that, there is something wrong, and you need to find the offending app. I have gps on by the way...but no pushed mail, I check my accounts manually when I want to see email. That's my 2 cents...ymmv.
    04-07-2012 10:21 AM
    Ok, I hope I grabbed the right screen shot!
    04-07-2012 10:26 AM
    Yep, that's it.
    04-07-2012 10:30 AM
    Rather impressive to say the least. Nicely done.
    04-07-2012 12:47 PM
    Thanks Man! I've been out mowing mine and the neighbors lawn and other various things on what is a really nice day on the east side of Cleveland today...but plenty of web surfing and listening to some podcasts which I don't think count in the screen on-time in between on some breaks...I'm now at an even 20% with 33 hours. 2.5 hours on screen with 1 hour call time. I will be putting some game time on later with NFS shift which does some serious draining. I will put up some more screenies later to see how far we go. And again NO juice defender.
    04-07-2012 04:07 PM
    Here I am at 35.5 Hours, 3 hours on-screen....
    04-07-2012 06:06 PM
    OK.. am curious about a few things so maybe you Skyrocket experts can help out..

First, what exactly is the screen shot of you guys are posting and how do you post a screen shot from a phone?

Second, when you say 'calibrate' the battery, how is that done?

And third, does anyone know when ATT will push the ICS update for the Skyrocket? If memory serves it's supposed to be soon. I went to the ATT store locally here in Marin (N of SF) and they have no knowledge of the release of the HD.

I played with the HTC Vivid which has the ICS update and I have to say, it's VERY cool, especially the folders on the task bar and the tons of new camera adjustments. Am assuming these are standard ICS changes and not just how the HTS Sense overlays them.
    04-07-2012 07:14 PM
    Screenshot - hold the home button, and press the power button
    Calibrate - every so often you let the battery run all the way down, and then fully charger, versus doing a 'top up'...
    04-07-2012 08:01 PM
    Here it is at about 39.5 hours. This is a screenshot of the Battery usage screen...this tells the number of hours since the battery was on a charger, and the distribution of power usage by percentage. This is with about 3 hours plus of screen time, 1 hour of talk, many hours of pod casts, and web browsing. Again no juice defender being used. At this point about 4% battery capacity left.
    04-07-2012 10:17 PM
    skyrocketeer, is your brightness on automatic or manual, 10% or something like that?
    04-07-2012 10:19 PM
    I keep it on manual...adjust it up to 50% when driving during the day, and around 10-20% or so when inside or at night...yep...makes a huge difference, and even these old eyes can see it clearly with no problem. It finally shut down at 40 hours.
    04-07-2012 10:54 PM
    Thanks guys.. It seems the single most plaguing issue with the SR is the battery life. I have some concerns since we are in an HSPA+ and LTE area and I sure don't want to have to charge the battery twice a day with only moderate use. But it's great to hear about all the ways to minimize battery drain and I suspect there are even more.

Am looking forward to the switch to Android from iOS, but am also a bit nervous about it as well. Don't want to waste an upgrade nor have to pay $35 restocking fee. IF the HD is released this week here in SF it will be interesting to have a look, though paying an extra $100 or more for a better screen is just plain crazy.

And I guess nobody knows when the ICS update is coming for the SR?
    04-08-2012 04:38 PM
    ...thus far my Skyrocket seems to be holding up. I went to get a Ghost Amor installed today. It is on order, and will be installed on Wednesday or Thursday next week.
    04-14-2012 03:49 PM
    ...thus far my Skyrocket seems to be holding up. I went to get a Ghost Amor installed today. It is on order, and will be installed on Wednesday or Thursday next week.
    Did you get the ghost armor yet naviwilliams?
    04-18-2012 08:50 PM
    Sorry, I never had it installed. I returned my Skyrocket yesterday. My battery needed charging twice a day at least (listening to music and using the device in general), so I decided to go back to my iPhone. It does all this seamlessly and I still only charge every two days.

I'll just have to wait for a newer iPhone and really hope they make one with a slightly larger screen...

Sent from my iPhone 4S, using Tapatalk...
    04-20-2012 05:19 PM
    Good luck with iPhone. I have been very happy with the battery life so far on my skyrocket, especially with my extended battery. Hope you keep in touch on AC.
    04-20-2012 07:29 PM
    Which extended battery do you have ??
    04-21-2012 05:10 AM
    Sorry, I never had it installed. I returned my Skyrocket yesterday. My battery needed charging twice a day at least (listening to music and using the device in general), so I decided to go back to my iPhone. It does all this seamlessly and I still only charge every two days.

I'll just have to wait for a newer iPhone and really hope they make one with a slightly larger screen...

Yup, if this were my primary phone I would have to return it too. On a recent business trip I found myself completely distracted by tracking battery life.
    It's too bad, I really do love the device. But it barely made it to lunch.
    04-21-2012 07:50 AM
    Yup, if this were my primary phone I would have to return it too. On a recent business trip I found myself completely distracted by tracking battery life.
    It's too bad, I really do love the device. But it barely made it to lunch.
    I have not had any issues with the battery at all and I came from a iPhone 4s to the SR. I'd be interested in what your were doing to "barely make it to lunch". I use netflix a lot on my phone and can easily get several hours of movies in with power to spare...I would be hard pressed to run my skyrocket down to nothing by lunch...my guess is you have the brightness up higher than necessary...but hey it's your phone do as you wish. I don't know of any large android phone out there that doesn't need some battery saving measures to be taken...goes with the territory...problem with the iPhone 4s in my eyes is you can't swap in a fresh battery(easily at least).
    04-21-2012 12:31 PM
    Which extended battery do you have ??
    This one from Amazon:

Amazon.com: 2250 mAh Extended Slim Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2-LTE i727R Skyrocket: Cell Phones & Accessories
    04-21-2012 12:58 PM

Well good luck with it man! I think the new iPhone will be something pretty cool, so enjoy that if you go that way. I wish i could afford to just go buy these phones without having to be locked into the 2 year committement thing...I am already starting to think how I am going to miss not being able to use the Galaxy 3...I hear it is going to be made of high-tech ceramic!...good bye to the plastic casement...the iPhone 5 is rumored (and apple has contracted with the maker of) to be encased on the back at least with "liquid metal"...a super strong form of glass supposedly as strong as metal...mmmmmm wow I am really wanting to see these new phones!!!
    04-21-2012 01:48 PM
    Thank you
    04-22-2012 07:37 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD