Skyrocket...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I know the whole battery question with this device and other Android devices have been beaten to death.

But, on average what would you say in one day, with average use should the Skyrocket's battery last (with LTE & without)?

Curious; I'm testing to see how much I can get out of it over the next few days...

Thanks

mikeysmikey

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I typically get about 17-19 hours on a charge woth moderate use (non LTE). I ODIN upgraded to the ICS leak and flashed RomRacers modified kernel and noticed a significant improvement over GB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It is going to vary greatly depending on how much you use it and what you use it for.

However, since you asked, I have only had it a week, but I get around 13-15 hours. This is non-LTE, mostly connected to wifi, only using it occaisionally for email, texting, pandora, twitter, internet, etc.

boredpnoy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
i just went to the verizon store and picked up a galaxy nexus battery and popped it in last hell of a lot longer than the oem it came with provides about 2 hrs more life

bassthumpa

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
We have LTE here in Austin and I'm a fairly heavy user. With the regular battery I'm down to the 30 % mark by noon or 1pm. Sometimes I don't hit that point until 2 or 3 with a bit lighter use.

Its irksome but manageable. Just don't plan any ling trips without charging options. And speaking of which, I take.bigger issue with the molasses slow.charging than the short battery life. I really.lime the phone tho.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I fully charged my device, and turned off WIFI, hence running from 4G\LTE.

From 06:00 - 11:19 EST, and my battery is at 75%. But, I've had two phone calls, about five minutes or so each. I've also been running Twitter and Instagram quite a bit this morning, lastly using TapaTalk, as well...

I think this is a pretty good percentage, no?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
And here are today's results...
635a2456-d32c-0d0a.jpg

Sent from the Sky via a Rocket...

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am getting similar results. I find no problem with the battery at all. I am @ close to 16 hours now...around 40%. I typically see 5-6 hours screen on time and that to me is good enough. The people I see whining about "5 hours" battery on this phone have an issue going on and don't realize it.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I can usually make it from 6AM to about 10PM on a single charge. One thing that seems to help is JuiceDefender. When I go to bed, My battery is usually at 30%. I am still curious about the GN Extended battery but don't like the tight fit people are reporting.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Those are good stats Skyrocketeer...

I wonder if the poor reports of battery issues with Android on a whole, is slowly getting behind us now? I know with my iPhone 4 & 4S, I could get two days, easily with normal use.

I just want a full 12-14 hours, and I'm getting that...

JerseyJet

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Navi:
I"m picking up the Skyrocket HD on Sundday hopefully if its available. Which menu or app is your screenshot from?? As others, I'm concerned about battery life and would lieke to miomitor on a daily/weekly basis.

Thanks,

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Just to confirm, is the HD version of the SkyRocket available for purchase?

For the screenshot, I simply used the device itself; briefly press home then the power button...

Navi:
I"m picking up the Skyrocket HD on Sundday hopefully if its available. Which menu or app is your screenshot from?? As others, I'm concerned about battery life and would lieke to miomitor on a daily/weekly basis.

Thanks,