04-27-2012 09:09 PM
76 1234
tools
    Sigh... My phone keeps booting to the clockworkmod menu and the update fails to install. :-/
    04-04-2012 10:16 AM
    I'm using Go Launcehr and Widget locker but when I disable both and move to stock Touchwiz I dont have the screen scrolling problem and I still dont see the swip to unlock on the lock screen. All i keep getting is my pattern lock. I did check and my skyrocket is showing android 2.3.6
    04-04-2012 10:20 AM
    I'm using Go Launcehr and Widget locker but when I disable both and move to stock Touchwiz I dont have the screen scrolling problem and I still dont see the swip to unlock on the lock screen. All i keep getting is my pattern lock. I did check and my skyrocket is showing android 2.3.6
    You have to turn off your pattern lock to see the new lock screen. Its nothing special, it just looks like a lock opening when you swipe.
    04-04-2012 10:37 AM
    Sigh... My phone keeps booting to the clockworkmod menu and the update fails to install. :-/
    You need to be running the stock system recovery not clockworkmod.
    04-04-2012 02:43 PM
    You need to be running the stock system recovery not clockworkmod.
    Does this mean I can't update the stock ROM? Is it possible to browse to the update file and apply it from CWM?
    04-04-2012 03:23 PM
    Never mind... Did some reading on XDA... Apparently you need to be at stock to do this update. Seems like more trouble than it's worth. I'll wait for the official ICS or flash a custom ROM.

Thanks!
    04-04-2012 03:33 PM
    I did the update. Still have root
    04-04-2012 05:25 PM
    Not having a scrolling wallpaper is incredibly annoying. I switched to launcher 7 so I don't need a wallpaper. My powerskin lasted exactly 12 hours, so now I get to see the actual phones battery.
    04-04-2012 05:34 PM
    I updated mine. I noticed some minor design changes (phone icon, lockscreen text). Since we just got LTE out here, battery life for me may be hard to tell, though with LTE, I've been getting about the same life for the last few days.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk
    04-04-2012 05:53 PM
    Not having a scrolling wallpaper is incredibly annoying. I switched to launcher 7 so I don't need a wallpaper. My powerskin lasted exactly 12 hours, so now I get to see the actual phones battery.
    I just noticed this...I normally have live wallpaper. That does stink!

Edit: it affected live wallpaper as well. It won't pan/scroll either.

04-04-2012 06:16 PM
    2.3.6 on the Galaxy SII is horrible on battery life. Could it affect the skyrocket the same way?
    04-05-2012 08:53 AM
    I just noticed this...I normally have live wallpaper. That does stink!

Edit: it affected live wallpaper as well. It won't pan/scroll either.

Bummed about the scrolling walls too. Not that it's something I have to have for my phone to work...but I wouldn't have traded it for a couple icons and lock screen.
    04-05-2012 09:24 AM
    This update fixed the stuck battery icon when using non-samsung chargers.

Also, if rooted, you'll need to flash the stock recovery back on instead of CWM. Unfreeze/install all the stock apps as well otherwise the update fails.
    04-05-2012 10:34 AM
    This update fixed the stuck battery icon when using non-samsung chargers.

Also, if rooted, you'll need to flash the stock recovery back on instead of CWM. Unfreeze/install all the stock apps as well otherwise the update fails.
    I'm in the latter boat. It's not worth the time to flash stock recovery and unfreeze apps. I'm going to wait for ICS or flash a custom ROM.
    04-05-2012 11:10 AM
    For those of you that got the update but aren't happy with it, are you planning on flashing it back to 2.3.5, or wait until stock ICS comes along, which would (hopefully) fix the non-scrolling issue?
    04-05-2012 01:09 PM
    Anybody having a issue with there lights on the buttons I always had mine set to always on now every other time I go to unlock my phone my buttons are not lighting up if I set it to time out 6 seconds they work fine but something's definitely bugged

Sent from my skyrocket
    04-05-2012 01:14 PM
    No issues on mine so far, the scrollign wall paper isn't a big issue to me....looks like a 2.3.6 Update sent out to keep people 'happy' while AT&T 'works' on the official ICS update....
    04-05-2012 01:48 PM
    I do miss the scrolling background but I did even realize until I read a thread about it. So its not that big of a deal I'll just wait for ICS and hope they fix it.
    04-05-2012 01:49 PM
    Yeah I checked it out and compared to widget locker its not so great lol. Think I'll stick with widget locker for now, at least with that I can swipe to use my camera too.
    04-05-2012 05:49 PM
    You have to turn off your pattern lock to see the new lock screen. Its nothing special, it just looks like a lock opening when you swipe.
    Yeah I checked that out buddy and I have to say widget is much better than what they added, at least I can swipe into my camera with widget locker.
    04-05-2012 05:51 PM
    For those of you that got the update but aren't happy with it, are you planning on flashing it back to 2.3.5, or wait until stock ICS comes along, which would (hopefully) fix the non-scrolling issue?
    Im waiting for ICS, hopefully they'll fix the live wallpaper in that update but the non scrollable wallpaper in this update does stink. I also noticed that if you try and use any of the stock normal wallpapers then there to big. Take for instance the beach wallpaper with the ocean, its now so bit that you cant see the beach just part of the ocean and the sky. Also on the picture showing the night sky with trees around you, on that wallpaper all you can see is the sky not the trees too.
    04-05-2012 05:56 PM
    I noticed that the update fixed my bluetooth issue with my car
    04-06-2012 03:04 AM
    Anybody having a issue with there lights on the buttons I always had mine set to always on now every other time I go to unlock my phone my buttons are not lighting up if I set it to time out 6 seconds they work fine but something's definitely bugged

Sent from my skyrocket
    Yes, I'm having issues with the lights on these buttons as well as several other issues. Someone mentioned about flashing back to the previous version - how do you do that?
    04-06-2012 05:53 AM
    Yes, I'm having issues with the lights on these buttons as well as several other issues. Someone mentioned about flashing back to the previous version - how do you do that?
    You have to use Odin to get back to stock. It's not hard and doesn't take long at all. Make sure to read all the instructions, otherwise you can end up with a $200 brick.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sky...oft-brick.html
    04-06-2012 11:34 AM
    Mine says "continue update" but I can't click the button?
    04-06-2012 10:22 PM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD