Software Update

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Anybody having a issue with there lights on the buttons I always had mine set to always on now every other time I go to unlock my phone my buttons are not lighting up if I set it to time out 6 seconds they work fine but something's definitely bugged

Sent from my skyrocket

Fire29Rescue

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
No issues on mine so far, the scrollign wall paper isn't a big issue to me....looks like a 2.3.6 Update sent out to keep people 'happy' while AT&T 'works' on the official ICS update.... :mad:

Magarnical

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I do miss the scrolling background but I did even realize until I read a thread about it. So its not that big of a deal I'll just wait for ICS and hope they fix it.

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I checked it out and compared to widget locker its not so great lol. Think I'll stick with widget locker for now, at least with that I can swipe to use my camera too.

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You have to turn off your pattern lock to see the new lock screen. Its nothing special, it just looks like a lock opening when you swipe.

Yeah I checked that out buddy and I have to say widget is much better than what they added, at least I can swipe into my camera with widget locker.

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that got the update but aren't happy with it, are you planning on flashing it back to 2.3.5, or wait until stock ICS comes along, which would (hopefully) fix the non-scrolling issue?

Im waiting for ICS, hopefully they'll fix the live wallpaper in that update but the non scrollable wallpaper in this update does stink. I also noticed that if you try and use any of the stock normal wallpapers then there to big. Take for instance the beach wallpaper with the ocean, its now so bit that you cant see the beach just part of the ocean and the sky. Also on the picture showing the night sky with trees around you, on that wallpaper all you can see is the sky not the trees too.

Last edited:

wmhull

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Anybody having a issue with there lights on the buttons I always had mine set to always on now every other time I go to unlock my phone my buttons are not lighting up if I set it to time out 6 seconds they work fine but something's definitely bugged

Sent from my skyrocket

Yes, I'm having issues with the lights on these buttons as well as several other issues. Someone mentioned about flashing back to the previous version - how do you do that?

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site

jwise1977

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh I just found out something else interesting about the 2.3.6 update. If you hook the samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket up to the computer via the usb cable and enter samsung Kies, almost all of samsung Kies will work but as for updating it through samsung kies I get the message "The device is not campatiable for update via Kies". So it looks like another area is broke. I contacted samsung about this also and they said the baseband version I am running differs from the version they have on record for the samsung skyrocket. If any of you would like to know, im running on a samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket sgh-i727 on at&t with a baseband version of I727UCLA3 if that helps anyone. Samsung told me I should have a baseband version of I727UCKK1 instead.

kevinqian

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like most of this update is Apple patent lawsuits related. Both the slide to unlock, sliding wallpaper, and slide to answer call are all changed to differentiate from Apple. All these "features" are in the latest ICS AT&T leaked build as well.

blweldon2

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Last I checked, the iPhone doesn't slide the whole screen to unlock, doesn't have a sliding wallpaper, and doesn't have an even close call screen as the skyrocket.

kevinqian

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Apple is arguing the motion of the slide from one side of the screen to another as an infringement. Like slide to answer call.

Anyway, it is what it is. Justed wanted to clarify to some of you expecting the sliding wallpaper to be a bug. I think it was intentional on Samsung's part.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple is arguing the motion of the slide from one side of the screen to another as an infringement. Like slide to answer call.

Anyway, it is what it is. Justed wanted to clarify to some of you expecting the sliding wallpaper to be a bug. I think it was intentional on Samsung's part.

If true, that stinks then that politics between manufacturers are crimping tech advances. Is Samsung forced to do this concession with all their phones?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket using Tapatalk