my iPhone 4 was stolen about 2 weeks ago. Thankfully i had Google Voice and Facebook. but i needed a phone. I decided on the G S II Skyrocket. man what an upgrade (coming from iOS back to android). I bought an unlocked nexus s about a year ago, and quickly sold that and went back to my iPhone. anyways I am in love with this phone! and touchwiz really isnt that bad. :P
    Got a good deal with the phone about 450 compared to the off contract price of 650. and got $280 bluetooth headphones (beats wireless) for just $30 extra. 0_o

..iWhat?
    04-10-2012 03:12 PM
    is there such a drastic difference between nexus and skyrocket? ( i mean aside from the LTE factor)
    04-10-2012 03:42 PM
    Nexus devices are developed with help from Google and branded as Google devices so they have fully stock android. as opposed to most other samsung android devices and HTC phones that have a custom UI on top of android. The nexus s in my exprience even before rooting it and installing cyanogenmod it was very very buggy. random restarts, lock ups, boot loops etc. oh and plus a good thing is that nexus devices get android updates much quicker than other phones.
    04-10-2012 08:57 PM
    Nexus devices are developed with help from Google and branded as Google devices so they have fully stock android. as opposed to most other samsung android devices and HTC phones that have a custom UI on top of android. The nexus s in my exprience even before rooting it and installing cyanogenmod it was very very buggy. random restarts, lock ups, boot loops etc. oh and plus a good thing is that nexus devices get android updates much quicker than other phones.
    nexus devices are mostly developer phones or android geeks. (no i dont mean geek in a bad way, i LOVE android and its flexibility, but for me having the nexus lock up and restart all the time it just was very frustrating)
    04-10-2012 08:59 PM
    oh i see now.. thats really strange considering that Nexus was also manufactured by Samsung... well in any case Skyrocket actually really is a very smooth device. I stupidly managed to brick my first one which was working like a clockwork and now on my second phone a replacement which I didn't root and not even going to. can't wait to get ICS on it though.
    04-10-2012 09:37 PM
    me too! I think it might get Google Wallet too cause if u look at the videos on youtube of the ICS leak it has NFC in the wireless settings. also i read somewhere a lot of recent at&t android phones have NFC but they're disabled cause of the whole 'Isis' payment system. oh well. an android nerd can dream :P
    04-10-2012 09:54 PM
    I've flashed that ICS leak on my first device thats btw when i bricked it while flashing back to GB. i really liked the ICS but the leak was definitely a beta. buggy. However there was an option to activate NFC but i couldnt test it since i didnt have another NFC device around. as for the google wallet I for some reason have serious doubts that this phone will ever (officially) see it. for that we have to "thank" ATT not allowing it, But I think it can be hacked though to bypass ATT restrictions.
    04-10-2012 10:18 PM
    Ya Man! Coming from iPhone 4s to SkyRocket...I have never looked back...and you won't either.
    04-16-2012 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD