I'm getting this phone in a few days. Going from my good old Captivate to this! Is there anything I should worry about or watch out for? I've seen some things about battery usage, what are your average hours you get? (Not rooted and rom'd or anything) Any tips or tricks I should do when I get it?
    04-12-2012 11:19 AM
    Imho, I would consider waiting. The Samsung Galaxy SIII is rumored to be announced in May. Good chance it comes to US before end of summer.

If you can't wait, battery life is not great. I take it to work with me and listen to my music stored on sd card, have to charge the phone before end of 10 hr shift. To be fair, I do have coverage issues inside thebuildi.g, so may just be the battery drain from sginsl searching.

Also received software update last night, so I'll update if it changes any.
    Good luck
    04-12-2012 01:10 PM
    Imho, I would consider waiting. The Samsung Galaxy SIII is rumored to be announced in May. Good chance it comes to US before end of summer.

If you can't wait, battery life is not great. I take it to work with me and listen to my music stored on sd card, have to charge the phone before end of 10 hr shift. To be fair, I do have coverage issues inside thebuildi.g, so may just be the battery drain from sginsl searching.

Also received software update last night, so I'll update if it changes any.
    Good luck
    I don't have $200+ to bust on a phone where no one knows when it's coming out. Well is your brightness at 100?
    04-12-2012 05:25 PM
    Battery life has been fine for me. I easily get through a 10 hour work day. I love this phone!
    04-12-2012 05:30 PM
    Battery life for me, with average use is about 14-15 hours a day. With a few calls here and there, then I still get around 12...

Once you get it, update it to 2.3.6 (latest update from AT&T).

I'm not rooted, and all that, nor do I have any fancy apps to conserve anything
    04-12-2012 05:53 PM
    Battery life for me, with average use is about 14-15 hours a day. With a few calls here and there, then I still get around 12...

Once you get it, update it to 2.3.6 (latest update from AT&T).

I'm not rooted, and all that, nor do I have any fancy apps to conserve anything
    Yep, same here.
    04-13-2012 12:33 PM
    how do you get the update
    04-13-2012 12:44 PM
    Settings - software update.
    04-13-2012 03:34 PM
    Hey man when you getting the new phone? I think you will find this a great move from the captivate...You will love it. I'm at 15+ hours today with 2.5 hours of screen on time, 1 hour of talk time, some need for speed, 1/2 hour of navigation, lots of email, and surfing, and even downloaded a bunch of apps...still have 30% left. I turn my screen brightness down to like 20% when inside and not in the bright sun....makes a HUGE difference. Screen still looks great...not as great as when its way up...but it's still much better than most phones out there. This battery is only 1 day old and not even through any cycles or anything yet. Don't push mail and that will save you a bundle of juice too...I, like naviwilliams, don't use juicedefender.
    04-13-2012 10:31 PM
    Don't worry, be happy! (and buy a skyrocket, lol)
    04-14-2012 07:04 AM
    I have the Skyrocket and get about 10 hrs of basic use on the battery. Email, games, twitter etc. The only problem I've had is with the bluetooth connecting with my car. But the new update fixed that.
    Also download Foxfi for tethering. Its free and works great! Allows you to tether another device to your phone without at&t finding out(so far).
    04-14-2012 11:51 AM
    I have the Skyrocket and get about 10 hrs of basic use on the battery. Email, games, twitter etc. The only problem I've had is with the bluetooth connecting with my car. But the new update fixed that.
    Also download Foxfi for tethering. Its free and works great! Allows you to tether another device to your phone without at&t finding out(so far).
    Thanks for the tip on Foxfi. Works great!
    04-14-2012 01:45 PM
    Hey man when you getting the new phone? I think you will find this a great move from the captivate...You will love it. I'm at 15+ hours today with 2.5 hours of screen on time, 1 hour of talk time, some need for speed, 1/2 hour of navigation, lots of email, and surfing, and even downloaded a bunch of apps...still have 30% left. I turn my screen brightness down to like 20% when inside and not in the bright sun....makes a HUGE difference. Screen still looks great...not as great as when its way up...but it's still much better than most phones out there. This battery is only 1 day old and not even through any cycles or anything yet. Don't push mail and that will save you a bundle of juice too...I, like naviwilliams, don't use juicedefender.
    Should be here Monday or Tuesday! Sounds good so far! I hardly use email and those push apps/notifications so I think I should be good.

Thanks everyone!
    04-15-2012 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD