Skyrocket: naked, case or skin?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Curious if anyone has their Skyrocket naked?

I went to get the Ghost Armor installed today. He didn't have any in stock for the Galaxy skyrocket, so he ordered it for me, and I should get it installed on Wednesday\Thursday. But, in the interim, he installed a screen protector, and a sort of skin on the back cover.

I'm typically an Otterbox guy. I have one for ALL my gadgets, seriously (iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, BlackBerry 9900, let me stop there). But, now I want to 'show it off, hence having Ghost Armor installed ;)

Anyone else?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I got a Diztronic TPU case for mine with a screen protector. The Otterbox cases make the device too bulky for me. I love the thinness of the SR but thats just me.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought a OB Defender for my Skyrocket, and ended up returning it. Not because it wasn't a good case, it seemed to be really good protection and all, it just seemed to turn my sleek, beautiful phone into a heavy implement. I reverted to a compromise solution and went with the Seidio Surface( the best buy platinum re-branded version). It keeps things pretty slim and it feels good, but no where near as good of protection. It does have a nice solid holster though. I am still trying to find the perfect case and holster...I want something that doesn't change the look and feel of my device, but that protects like a Kevlar vest...(sigh)...does such a unit exist?...I am really looking forward to your opinion on the Ghost Armor naviwilliams, if you think it is a good solution...I may just give it a try...hope you can post some pics of the thing.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think that's the compromise you have to consider. Protection or thinness. I'm not one who drops his phone so I am going for thin. Otterbox is the best protection if you are going to need it.

thenotoriousjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Defender and man that thing is bulky as hell.. I thought the skyrocket was a big enough phone already with its 4.5" screen, but this case just took it to the next level. Coming from a Blackberry Torch which I already thought to be bulky, this thing is like carrying a brick in my pocket. I guess I just gotta get used to it though since I do like the protection that the Otterbox offers.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Defender and man that thing is bulky as hell.. I thought the skyrocket was a big enough phone already with its 4.5" screen, but this case just took it to the next level. Coming from a Blackberry Torch which I already thought to be bulky, this thing is like carrying a brick in my pocket. I guess I just gotta get used to it though since I do like the protection that the Otterbox offers.

Man you nailed it...you can throw your phone against the brick wall and it will survive...but, what happened to the awesome feel of the perfectly proportioned Skyrocket...hello...it's like a rubber brick...I felt too far removed from the original phone to stick with the Defender.

jbsj207

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
the at&t person i bought my phone from reccomeneded (and gave me a deal, along with bluetooth headphones) the Otterbox Commuter. the one i got is the black and blue version. i love it! i do agree that Otterbox makes bulky cases but the Commuter is pretty thin and adds a lot of protection. its 2 parts, a silicon rubber style case and a hard plastic that goes over that. so its kinda a problem getting to the battery / microSD card... oh well.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
the at&t person i bought my phone from reccomeneded (and gave me a deal, along with bluetooth headphones) the Otterbox Commuter. the one i got is the black and blue version. i love it! i do agree that Otterbox makes bulky cases but the Commuter is pretty thin and adds a lot of protection. its 2 parts, a silicon rubber style case and a hard plastic that goes over that. so its kinda a problem getting to the battery / microSD card... oh well.

Does the Commuter come with a belt holster?

Rockdog97

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Bought the wife a Skyrocket last week and she had the AT&T rep install the ZAGG screen protector and the rear protector... she's looking for a sleeve so she can keep it in her purse w/o scratching up the phone, but would like a slim profile case in the future..just not sure what's out there in the "slimness" department.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
She should go with one of the Seidio's, very slim, and with a screen protector like she has...pretty well protected...I like the Seidio Surface.

Toby

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the Commuter come with a belt holster?

No. I also have the black and blue Commuter, but took it off this weekend. I liked the protection, but the size started bugging me. The thing I love about the Skyrocket is also the only complaint I have about it. The size of the screen. The Commuter is just at my threshold for size. The Defender, while adding the belt clip option is nice, is too big for me. I'm strongly considering staying naked and getting an SPE side case for it. I won one for my Pre2 last year, and it was serviceable. The Skyrocket is too long for my Eddie Bauer side case that I've used with my Pre3 and iPhone, so my Skyrocket just goes in my pocket.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Bought the wife a Skyrocket last week and she had the AT&T rep install the ZAGG screen protector and the rear protector... she's looking for a sleeve so she can keep it in her purse w/o scratching up the phone, but would like a slim profile case in the future..just not sure what's out there in the "slimness" department.
I have two cases, for great protection that was tested out when I dropped my skyrocket I bought the casemate case they sell at At&t, but when I want something slimmer I use the Diztronic tpu case I bought on Amazon.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
IMO, naked is the only way to go. This phone requires too many battery pulls (bluetooth, network, GPS, app errors) and it's large enough already. Plus, it wouldn't fit in the Infuse(?) car mount if it wasn't naked.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
IMO, naked is the only way to go. This phone requires too many battery pulls (bluetooth, network, GPS, app errors) and it's large enough already. Plus, it wouldn't fit in the Infuse(?) car mount if it wasn't naked.

I have yet to have to pull the battery for anything. How long have you had this problem? (I've only had mine for a couple of weeks)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary