Bluetooth Hands Free Dialing

JerseyJet

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Honda Accord with hands free dialing using my old Motorola Backflip.
I love this feature and use it all the time. The local AT&T store just told me that there will be "no issues" changing to the Skyrocket. Is this true??? I've read many threads with people having problems and I'd like to be prepared if need be.

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an issue with my Kia Soul handsfree and my Skyrocket. My Moto Blackflop had problems staying connected to my KIA Soul. However, I don't have any issues with the Bluetooth on my Skyrocket either.

JerseyJet

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Ordered the phone last night and this was the last area I wanted to have to worry about. Feel much better now.

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. Ordered the phone last night and this was the last area I wanted to have to worry about. Feel much better now.

The skyrocket does not support voice commands over Bluetooth. I called asamsung today and asked as I couldn't get it to work with my Blueant T1 and the rep confirmed no support.

soloz2

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Not that I've found yet. I downloaded vlingo last night. If I can't get it to work I'm going to return the phone this weekend.

JerseyJet

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Well..I'm picking up my phone Monday from the local dealer here and he promises me the unit will sync with the BT in my car with no problem. We have an agreement..no hands free, no phone.

Dmbshat

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues with my connection for Hyundai. As for voice dialing I just use the Hyundai "Blue Connect" for my voice dials; no issues. It all depends on how you have it set up. I guess you have to ask how your voice dial was set up: though Honda's software or Moto's.

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The Bluetooth in my Soul not only allows me to dial someone from my contact list but it also allows me to dial a number using voice commands. I guess it depends on the Bluetooth unit that the phone is connected to.

Paulskiogorki

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi there. I Have a 2012 Soul but I have an issue with my galaxy s ii. I can dial by saying the numbers but it doesn't work when I try to dial from my contacts. Did you have to do any setup to the phone or the car to get it to work properly?

The Bluetooth in my Soul not only allows me to dial someone from my contact list but it also allows me to dial a number using voice commands. I guess it depends on the Bluetooth unit that the phone is connected to.

gzbsds

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
With my Soul the bluetooth downloads the contact list from my phone. Also, you may want to check with the dealer. 2012's may have a different blue tooth manufactor than the 2010's. Now, I haven't tested it since I upgraded to ICS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781