I lose about 3-5% battery life per hour while my phone is idle. Is that pretty normal?
    04-18-2012 06:26 AM
    I usually lose no more than 3%. I'm sure signal strength has a lot to do with the differences you might see along with apps or widgets running in the background.
    04-18-2012 04:20 PM
    04-18-2012 04:29 PM
    Excellent performance for this phone is considered 1% drain per hour during idle. A lot of things can influence this though. I would play around a little and see if you can get that down a little. If you bench that against a typical 16 hour active day then almost 50% of your phone's power is used up doing nothing...makes it hard to make it through a day with that as a starting point.
    04-18-2012 07:35 PM
    For me 3-5% is a lot. Again, as what other people replied it depends if you have low connection rate. With wiifi, I don't have to charge my phone for one full weekend with "normal " use. Without wifi I last from 6 am to 6 pm with normal use. But 3-5% drain an hour isn't very good at all.
    04-23-2012 11:02 AM
    i posted my results this morning in another thread here. i got my replacement phone with 2.3.6 on it and I think the battery life has been greatly improved it lasted for 1 day 1 hour and 53 minutes on LTE only. with display time 1hr 25 mins and 29 mins voice calls. I am also running live galaxy WP by Xilusion, weatherbug updating every 30mins and Pulse updating every 6 hrs. I do have a somewhat strong LTE in my appt. in Brooklyn usualy 3 bars... almost never use wifi. so I think its a great improvement over 2.3.5 The live WP btw doesnt seem to have any impact on the battery whatsoever. overall i'm happy with the results But of course your mileage my vary
    04-23-2012 11:23 AM
    I'm new to Android and came from Blackberry and love it. I just bought the Skyrocket and have some little concerns with my battery and open apps. I lose anywhere from 3 to 6 percent in about 20 minutes of unplugging from a full charge with no use at all. Is this "normal" for a new phone? It does seem to level out during the day, about 5% an hour. Am I being overly concerned? As for when I open the browser do I always have to use the task manager to end the app or will it close when the phone goes into standby? How does this affect RAM? Does it still pull data? Thanks in advance.
    05-07-2012 09:22 PM
    I should also state that I'm not in a LTE area, wi-fi off, screen at about 10% or auto, email every one hour and no other open or running apps. Thanks again in advance
    05-07-2012 09:29 PM
    Sounds pretty normal.
    05-08-2012 04:20 PM
    even in a non lte area if you have WiFi u should turn it on saves on batter(but only if your in the WiFi area if its searching for WiFi it actually uses more). signal strength is one of the biggest battery drains, if its searching for a tower it will kill the phone much faster and of course the more you have pushing to the phone (email, facebook, twitter, ext) the more it drains the battery. most pp (non heavy users) don't have trouble with the battery on this phone. it will last pretty much 10-12 hours on normal use which is not bad for a smartphone these days. of course the screen is the biggest killer if you have the screen on a lot like i do(love to read on my phone) then it will drain faster as well.
    05-11-2012 06:26 PM