Juice defender

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I dumped Juice defender, caused me nothing but problems from the start...including needing to pull the battery to get the phone to turn on...my advice dump it...try something else or do what I do...go without it completely. i get plenty of battery time out of the phone...turn down brightness..don't push mail...or push it infrequently.

thenotoriousjin

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
What would be an alternative to juice defender? I just got it the other day and one thing that annoys me is that I would be streaming Pandora through 4G and after a song or two, it would just stop. I would check and it would say "finding server" or something like that. I'm assuming when my phone goes idle, juice defender just completely turns off data through the 4g network?

It does seem to help my battery life a lot though.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
You killed the data connection you need to dig in settings and your apo so it doesn't get killed. But really jd is more a pia then a battery saver. For the amount u save when you open your phone you loose that by waiting for reconnecting

anon(224455)

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
You killed the data connection you need to dig in settings and your apo so it doesn't get killed. But really jd is more a pia then a battery saver. For the amount u save when you open your phone you loose that by waiting for reconnecting

Yea, true. You need to dig into the settings n' all, however...

The above guys are right. No matter how many settings you get into, it still has some really adverse side-effects on the phone. My battery would incorrectly display 100% full, wouldn't receive emails or texts, no matter how loose the settings were. Even on the lowest settings and excluding apps - when your screen goes off, so does your internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude