Blue Tooth voice commands

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I was reading a post in the HTC One X forum from someone thinking of buying one and was asking if the One X supported blue tooth voice commands. He mentions he had a Skyrocket and returned it since it evidently does not support it. This seems odd since it makes no sense for ANY phone not to be able to do searches or call someone via a blue tooth headset. What can you folks tell me about this? I've been deliberating about getting an SR but the more issues I read about the more gun shy I get.

Thanks.

tvandegr

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It does not come with the support out of the box, like the Atrix does (There is nothing that responds to the bluetooth call "button"). I almost returned it for the same reason. It is possible to get Vlingo for free from "Play" and it works. The one big downfall is that since there is no native support it does not have the option for bluetooth dial to bypass the lockscreen. So if you lock your screen, you will have to manually un-lock it before using bluetooth dialing. (I know the Atrix has this feature, unsure if the HTC One has this feature or not.)

Note, I compare it to the Atrix as it is my only other android phone.

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
i also have this problem and vlingo did not work for me it would not go over the bt. i can use vlingo on the phone and speak it directly from the phone but it would not go over the bt (i have the blueant q2). i have just been puting up with it, once u start the phone call from the phone the bt takes over so have no trouble there.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks folks.. Interesting to learn of the issues with the SR.. Using my iPhone with my Plantronix headset is a pain too.. I can make a call using it, but it will not answer one.. DOH! Am eager to see what the new GS3 will bring, though we all know it may be a while until ATT gets it.. Am tired of waiting but also do not want to waste an upgrade either :)

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
jontalk, my BT is broken so I haven't gotten a new one and tried it with the Rocket in my Pocket, so I am no expert or anything on this subject, but I thought I remembered reading in another post here that the newest update to 2.3.6 android fixed this issue, can someone confirm?

tvandegr

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I just verified with the latest 2.3.6 that if I "long press" my bluetooth button, the only options I get are Vlingo and Vlingo in-car.

I believe that 2.3.6 fixed some issues people were having with multiple bluetoooth devices paired with the phone.

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
i am running on 2.3.6 as well and it did not change anything. by the way i can answer with my bt and hit the button and have it recall the last call dialed but i can't hit the butt and say call john. and vlingo won't go over the bt it only works from the phone annoying

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
i thought the same thing with vlingo in car then i noticed when the phone was farther away from me it was haveing trouble hearing me. so i covered the phone speakers and it stopped hearing me all together. the sound comes through the bt but the mic only wants to work on the phone

CaptainAkai

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My Galaxy S will only do BT voice commands with a A2DP headset. Same thing with this phone?

From mobileburn.com: What is "A2DP"?
"The Advanced Audio Distribution Profile is a Bluetooth profile that allows for the wireless transmission of stereo audio from an A2DP source (typically a phone or computer) to an A2DP receiver (a set of Bluetooth headphones or stereo system). Such devices typically also support the AVRCP profile as well in order to allow for track selection and such. A common misconception is that A2DP support is available on all Bluetooth 2.0 devices, which is not the case, and that A2DP is only available on Bluetooth 2.0 devices, which is also not true. A2DP support can exist in older versions of Bluetooth, it just was not commonly supported."

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
lol, i run a blueant q2 which has a2dp but alot of people have tried different ones if u call samsung they say only there samsung bt's work with it have not tried one yet so don't know for sure (there also cheesy looking bts)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo