Banned from the Peoples Republic of Android Fromums

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been banned from a competing site for "breaking the Forum Rules"...The rules are apparently arbitrarily applied to anyone who voices an opinion that is deemed too "snarky". My ass...I stepped on one of their sponsors...HTC...sealed batteries will never be tolerated by those of us who value our freedom...Are you listening android OEMS? Please android lovers do not allow the android phones to become iPhone clones..

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you should be banned from here for making a worthless thread that no one cares about....

Why would you post in a worthless thread no one cares about? I guess you read it? I think being banned for criticizing a product and a point of view of someone against the Skyrocket in a Skyrocket enthusiast's forum is a worthy subject...if you don't, DON'T READ IT or comment on it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just going to point these out:

Foul Language - Android Central is a site used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, and links family appropriate. We use software filters to block variations of profanity and will not tolerate attempts (i.e. use of special characters) to circumvent these filters. Feel free to curse like a sailor at your home, not ours.

Trolling - Do not post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages to provoke users into responding in a negative way. Calling another member a troll is also a form of trolling.

This is the warning.

The rest of the rules are in my signature.

Reactions: Ry

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
We all get a little fired up from time to time. I got a trolling warning the other day from here because of the way I responded to a post. Not a bad person, just reacted poorly and removed it. Just take a breath, keep it professional and realize these boards are just for fun.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
yes my pet donkey! this is posted in skyrocket forum because it was a competing skyrocket forum that a lot of members here also frequent. I guess I was most upset that if you don't like what I am saying delete my post...don't rewrite it...second I think selective editing calls into question the motivations of a site that a lot of android users rely on to inform their purchasing decisions. I feel this is a better site in general, and this editing/banning proves that to me anyway.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
And all this has to do with the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket how??

As op stated, the other forum was a "SKYROCKET" forum. Op felt warning other "SKYROCKET" users, who may also frequent the other forum, should be informed.

Others may not care, but if you post anywhere in the AC forums, can't think of a more appropriate category myself.

Reactions: skyrocketeer

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
This cracks me up...lunatic59 on the competing site...(the one who took it upon himself to edit my words and then panic and have me banned)...has decided to close down the thread as it has "run its course"...lol this is too funny... amateur night at the funny farm. Go and read the post "Phone ruins the experience"...if you want a good belly laugh...please don't post about how this doesn't "belong" in a "SkyRocket forum"... if you don't get it...don't waste your time or mine...but dumb_ _ _ _ s...may not deserve a device as well done as the SkyRocket"

Johnny Devlin - I Got a Rocket in My Pocket - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.