Skyrocket screen turning on/off constantly

kbd517

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all- I'm sitting here watching my skyrocket screen turn on and off by itself. It's working fine otherwise, but is killing my battery- I'm not rooted, nothing side loaded. I keep killing all apps, but then other random apps become active. I've shut completely down/restarted several times. It hasn't always been like this, but I can't figure out what app(s) could be causing this- haven't added anything new for a while.

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
yeah sounds like u have a wake lock, the problem is almost any app can do it if something is screwing up. if you have everything shutoff and its still doing it, means that its probably one of the silent running apps. like pulling from gmail or facebook stuff like that. good luck on trying to figure it out i know a couple apps that would help but they require root so no help sorry

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Scary.. As someone who's researching their next phone, I had high hopes for the Skyrocket. But after monitoring this forum, I'm blown away at the array of issues the phone has which gives me hesitation towards purchasing any phone from Samsung, the new GS3 included.

The HTC One X looks like it may be my next phone :)

kbd517

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Jontalk, I *love* my phone- I came from a jailbroken iphone 4, which I also loved (got bored, so I switched) This is, to me, a minor blip, and I'm confident I'll have it fixed by the end of the weekend.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate you love your SR but as you know, phones are very individual choices. I've been monitoring this forum along with the G Note and it seems to me that Samsung devices have a 'fan club', though the number of issues reported with the SR (battery, gamma clipping, blue tooth, etc, etc, etc) seem much higher than others. I also feel the screen colors are far too saturated as compared to what they should really look like, especially on photos. The HTC One X does a much better job, has a faster camera and runs ICS. I also prefer Sense to Touch Wiz, though there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

I'm going to wait until people have the ATT One X in their hands for a bit and see what issues surface there. The SR is on Amazon for $80 now, but the One X is only $70 more and more advanced. What I don't like about the One X is the sealed back, small battery and lack of microSD, but overall it seems to be well built, very fast, and has an awesome screen.

kbd517

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
That's what I ran into when I was making the leap to Android- there's *always* something better around the corner! :) Good luck with your search :)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
All phones have problems, there are none that are perfect. You have to weigh your options and pick the one that fits your needs best. So far the Skyrocket works best for me.

Mharka13

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue with my first SR. Had to return it and got a new one. You probably have a bad batch. Take it back and get a new one.

Software Guy

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had it for 2 months- this is a recent development...

I had this after updating widget locker, something went wrong in the auto update and it hosed my time out setting. It went from 2 minutes to 15 seconds which was not enough time to do anything. I uninstalled it, fixed the time out setting, then reinstalled widget locker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca