I found some guy on craigslist to trade me his Skyrocket for my iPhone 4. He's an *****, I know. Anyways, it says there is a new update available for my phone. Everything downloaded fine but when I went to apply the update, it keeps going to this clockworkmod recovery screen? Does that mean that he rooted the phone already?? This is my first android phone so I don't know a whole lot about the OS and I don't expect anyone to write me a book on rooting and what it's about. So far though, I'm really liking my galaxy. Should I update it at all or just leave it stock for now until I get used to Android then root later? Any help would be great.
    05-10-2012 09:30 PM
    Get odin and revert to stock...enjoy the phone and root later...above all...have fun...

05-10-2012 10:01 PM
    if you go to xda developers and go to the skyrocket developers forum, you can search for the stock recovery (which is 3e) and install it using odin. there are instructions there (mostly how to install clockwork recovery with odin. The instructions are the same, just a different file to use. If you have a custom rom on there also you can fully revert back to stock with a tar file from sammobile.com.
    05-11-2012 12:39 AM