06-12-2012 05:56 PM
64 123
tools
    Jedah would you recommend the Rom you are running? I dl-d it today but haven't flashed yet... my main concerns are the battery and stability. Thanks!
    05-17-2012 06:37 PM
    Jedah would you recommend the Rom you are running? I dl-d it today but haven't flashed yet... my main concerns are the battery and stability. Thanks!
    I'm using Sky ICS 4.2D-9. Although battery life and stability have been decent for me as a daily driver, it has its quirks: battery life is inconsistent and there is still the occasional FC. I would go for one of the UCLE2 roms. People on xda have been reporting it to be more stable. I plan to either flash Sky ICS 4.2E once it gets the 14 toggle mod or Smooth Ice 5.2 once more people have had a chance to test and comment.
    dalvik likes this.
    05-17-2012 06:54 PM
    I had my phone flashed to the original leak that came out on March 26. But flashed back to stock Becouse I had issues with my phone app locking up, my email locking, up texting was buggy I couldn't delete messages from the main conversation page without it locking up for like 10 seconds my battery life was also horrible during use but batter in standby?? But it seemed to hold a stronger signal and loaded web pages way faster does anybody know if this newest leak fixes the texting and phone lockup issues? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    05-17-2012 07:13 PM
    I'm using Sky ICS 4.2D-9. Although battery life and stability have been decent for me as a daily driver, it has its quirks: battery life is inconsistent and there is still the occasional FC. I would go for one of the UCLE2 roms. People on xda have been reporting it to be more stable. I plan to either flash Sky ICS 4.2E once it gets the 14 toggle mod or Smooth Ice 5.2 once more people have had a chance to test and comment.
    I ended up reloading GB 2.3.5 again. The ICS battery was simply abysmal. I think I may try smooth ICS those two seem to be very popular on xda.. thanks again jedah!
    05-17-2012 11:48 PM
    I ended up reloading GB 2.3.5 again. The ICS battery was simply abysmal. I think I may try smooth ICS those two seem to be very popular on xda.. thanks again jedah!
    No problem. Have you tried any of the 2.3.6 roms? I just flashed to NexusMod 4.3 last night, and battery life was pretty awesome right out the gate. This is what it looked like overnight. I went to sleep around 2am and woke up around 7:30.
    05-18-2012 11:24 AM
    No problem. Have you tried any of the 2.3.6 roms? I just flashed to NexusMod 4.3 last night, and battery life was pretty awesome right out the gate. This is what it looked like overnight. I went to sleep around 2am and woke up around 7:30.
    Yeah the battery looks very good. I haven't tried any roms yet. Does the NexusMod look like vanilla ICS? I actually really like the TW interface. And you know what, I came to a conclusion that i like gingerbread (especially the skyrocket's 2.3.5) a lot more than ICS. After using ICS leak for couple of days going back to GB felt really good. Everything seems to be so swift, fast. ICS has all those animations which in my opinion sorta slow down the whole experience. I do like the rotate screen animation however and all options and features that are not available on GB. But overall GB interface feels a lot snappier in my opinion... on a side note my flash counter is already 5 lol so i should probably watch that out! lol
    05-18-2012 06:13 PM
    It comes with a launcher that looks like Vanilla GB. But, I always swap out for ADW EX, so I can't say how functional it is. NexusMod ICS comes w/ Trebuchet, which looks like vanilla ICS.

Yeah, GB is definitely fast enough. In terms of functionality, there's not much that ICS can do that GB can't.

Yeah the battery looks very good. I haven't tried any roms yet. Does the NexusMod look like vanilla ICS? I actually really like the TW interface. And you know what, I came to a conclusion that i like gingerbread (especially the skyrocket's 2.3.5) a lot more than ICS. After using ICS leak for couple of days going back to GB felt really good. Everything seems to be so swift, fast. ICS has all those animations which in my opinion sorta slow down the whole experience. I do like the rotate screen animation however and all options and features that are not available on GB. But overall GB interface feels a lot snappier in my opinion... on a side note my flash counter is already 5 lol so i should probably watch that out! lol
    05-20-2012 06:18 PM
    Hey guys, just a heads up.... I remember reading a report over at xda of pre-release ics builds bricking some phones and that a stock recovery wasn't possible. I know that the note was one and some gs2's but I can't remember if the skyrocket was one of them. It had something to do with a bug in the kernel of the leaks. just thought I'd throw this out there because that would really, really suck:banghead: Hopefully I'm wrong and our beloved skyrocket isn't one of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    mcbaes72 likes this.
    05-20-2012 07:14 PM
    Has there been any word when ATT or Sammy is going to push the actual ICS update yet? Just curious since I see that Amazon dropped the price on the SR to $40 which make it mighty tempting.

However, the more videos I watch about the GS3, the more amazing this phone seems to be. And with the price drop I cannot help but think that the GS3 release will be soon.. Why else would they drop the price so much on the SR?
    05-21-2012 02:01 PM
    Has there been any word when ATT or Sammy is going to push the actual ICS update yet? Just curious since I see that Amazon dropped the price on the SR to $40 which make it mighty tempting.

However, the more videos I watch about the GS3, the more amazing this phone seems to be. And with the price drop I cannot help but think that the GS3 release will be soon.. Why else would they drop the price so much on the SR?
    Your guess is probably as good as anyone on the ICS release. I would guess it's coming soon. I tried the UCLE2 release (most recent), and it's pretty stable. Seems pretty close to a final release.

The GS3 is supposedly slated for next month. That sounds like a pretty good reason to drop the price of the SR.

Samsung Galaxy S3: US release date fixed for June 1 | Northern Voices Online: NVO News Blog
    05-21-2012 02:28 PM
    It comes with a launcher that looks like Vanilla GB. But, I always swap out for ADW EX, so I can't say how functional it is. NexusMod ICS comes w/ Trebuchet, which looks like vanilla ICS.

Yeah, GB is definitely fast enough. In terms of functionality, there's not much that ICS can do that GB can't.
    Oh i see. Thanks again. I actually found the stock OTA 2.3.6 UCLA3 zip and dl-ing it right now. I will stick to this version for now as I had a pretty good battery life on it. For some strange reason i wasn't able to do OTA on my phone
    05-21-2012 05:54 PM
    Oh i see. Thanks again. I actually found the stock OTA 2.3.6 UCLA3 zip and dl-ing it right now. I will stick to this version for now as I had a pretty good battery life on it. For some strange reason i wasn't able to do OTA on my phone
    I think there was a good majority of people that didn't get the OTA update. That's why I decided to try one of the custom roms. I just read your question again. I think my reply made it sound like the TW launcher was removed. It's still on NexusMod4 if that's what you wanna use. In fact, I think most (all?) of the roms still have TW on them.
    05-22-2012 12:04 PM
    I think there was a good majority of people that didn't get the OTA update. That's why I decided to try one of the custom roms. I just read your question again. I think my reply made it sound like the TW launcher was removed. It's still on NexusMod4 if that's what you wanna use. In fact, I think most (all?) of the roms still have TW on them.
    Oh i see it does have the TW. I was almost ready to install the skyICS but then found the screenshots and videos it looks like a vanilla ics no TW. And sadly, the stock ATT ucla3 that i dl-d yesterday comes in a zip installable through CWM so I hesitated to do it... I was hoping for the odin tar file. Do you know if CWM will still remain on the phone after I'll install that zip? Because my problem is that I want to end up with a stock unrooted GB 2.3.6 (that had the best battery life) and I'm not sure if it is possible with zip files... can't seem to find an answer anywhere...
    05-22-2012 12:27 PM
    Oh i see it does have the TW. I was almost ready to install the skyICS but then found the screenshots and videos it looks like a vanilla ics no TW. And sadly, the stock ATT ucla3 that i dl-d yesterday comes in a zip installable through CWM so I hesitated to do it... I was hoping for the odin tar file. Do you know if CWM will still remain on the phone after I'll install that zip? Because my problem is that I want to end up with a stock unrooted GB 2.3.6 (that had the best battery life) and I'm not sure if it is possible with zip files... can't seem to find an answer anywhere...
    I think a stock Odin tar file is the only way to restore everything to stock. I'm not sure what would happen if you restore using CWM, but I'm guessing CWM would still remain.
    dalvik likes this.
    05-22-2012 01:51 PM
    You'll have to use Odin to restore the stock recovery. You could always use Odin to restore to stock then do the OTA update to 2.3.6

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
    dalvik likes this.
    05-23-2012 09:42 AM
    You'll have to use Odin to restore the stock recovery. You could always use Odin to restore to stock then do the OTA update to 2.3.6

I did that, in fact i always do that when i don't like the latest leak and want to go back. But for some reason the 2.3.6 update fails at the white screen on25%. It happens all the time over the past two weeks so I cannot update my phone no matter how I try.
    So i was trying to find the odin flashable 2.3.6 tar but no success so far, noone seems to have it
    05-23-2012 11:24 AM

So I flashed 2.3.6 from CWM. the CWM with root is still there so since i cannot remove it i used it to freeze some bloatware and disable tetheringmanager.apk Also i noticed that the files from the 2.3.6 zip are dated february and if i'm not mistaken ATT fixed this update in April so i think i might be running the broken version now which cased a few bricked phones for some people. in any case, i have not had any issues so far but the main concern is the battery (the very and only reason i went back to that rom) I have a question though, should something go wrong with my phone and i will have to send it back to ATT for warranty repair, do you know if i use odin to flash 2.3.5 the CWM will still be there? thanks. nice avatar btw.
    05-24-2012 03:12 PM
    I have a question though, should something go wrong with my phone and i will have to send it back to ATT for warranty repair, do you know if i use odin to flash 2.3.5 the CWM will still be there? .
    Stock tar will remove root and restore stock rom/recovery. Maybe do a darkside superwipe before you flash w/ Odin for good measure?
    dalvik likes this.
    05-24-2012 05:24 PM
    Stock tar will remove root and restore stock rom/recovery. Maybe do a darkside superwipe before you flash w/ Odin for good measure?
    thanks again jedah! i didn't know about darkside superwipe just looked it up on xda. thanks! appreciate your help
    05-24-2012 06:38 PM
    well i installed the 4.04 UCLE2 leak and so far no issues other than the nightmare with my address book. All my apps work ok and battery seems to last slightly less. I wasn't sure what they meant with bootloader update on this leak. Does it mean I won't be able to go back to stock? my LTE seems better with this new "update" .
    05-31-2012 02:26 PM
    i don't like the web browser beacause it always opens on the last page viewed. anyone know of a way to open the homepage everytime i open instead of last page viewed? Happens with google chrome as well. opera is shaky.. got new att ringtones (2).
    05-31-2012 02:29 PM
    I am not sure about the bootloader either but you can go back to stock anytime you want by flashing the stock recovery with Odin
    rgarcia900 likes this.
    05-31-2012 02:58 PM
    Ok, good to know...
    05-31-2012 04:57 PM
    ICS makes my rocket run warm even when not doing anything... felt like i had a warming pad inside my pocket today at work.. and battery almost did not last the 8 hrs...
    06-04-2012 08:58 PM
    ICS makes my rocket run warm even when not doing anything... felt like i had a warming pad inside my pocket today at work.. and battery almost did not last the 8 hrs...
    Hmmm that's strange... I'm running the same leak and I don't have overheating issue except when I'm using GPS or playing games for like an hour straight... You are running UCLE2. Right? Maybe try a complete wipe?
    the battery isn't that good for me either but I manage to squeeze like 10 sometimes even 13 - 14 hours. Depending on how I use it thoughout the day.
    06-04-2012 10:58 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD