New Leak!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to use Odin to restore the stock recovery. You could always use Odin to restore to stock then do the OTA update to 2.3.6

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
I did that, in fact i always do that when i don't like the latest leak and want to go back. But for some reason the 2.3.6 update fails at the white screen on25%. It happens all the time over the past two weeks so I cannot update my phone no matter how I try.
So i was trying to find the odin flashable 2.3.6 tar but no success so far, noone seems to have it

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to use Odin to restore the stock recovery. You could always use Odin to restore to stock then do the OTA update to 2.3.6

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

So I flashed 2.3.6 from CWM. the CWM with root is still there so since i cannot remove it i used it to freeze some bloatware and disable tetheringmanager.apk Also i noticed that the files from the 2.3.6 zip are dated february and if i'm not mistaken ATT fixed this update in April so i think i might be running the broken version now which cased a few bricked phones for some people. in any case, i have not had any issues so far but the main concern is the battery (the very and only reason i went back to that rom) I have a question though, should something go wrong with my phone and i will have to send it back to ATT for warranty repair, do you know if i use odin to flash 2.3.5 the CWM will still be there? thanks. nice avatar btw.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a question though, should something go wrong with my phone and i will have to send it back to ATT for warranty repair, do you know if i use odin to flash 2.3.5 the CWM will still be there? .

Stock tar will remove root and restore stock rom/recovery. Maybe do a darkside superwipe before you flash w/ Odin for good measure?

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Stock tar will remove root and restore stock rom/recovery. Maybe do a darkside superwipe before you flash w/ Odin for good measure?
thanks again jedah! i didn't know about darkside superwipe just looked it up on xda. thanks! appreciate your help :)

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
well i installed the 4.04 UCLE2 leak and so far no issues other than the nightmare with my address book. All my apps work ok and battery seems to last slightly less. I wasn't sure what they meant with bootloader update on this leak. Does it mean I won't be able to go back to stock? my LTE seems better with this new "update" .

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
i don't like the web browser beacause it always opens on the last page viewed. anyone know of a way to open the homepage everytime i open instead of last page viewed? Happens with google chrome as well. opera is shaky.. got new att ringtones (2).

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
ICS makes my rocket run warm even when not doing anything... felt like i had a warming pad inside my pocket today at work.. and battery almost did not last the 8 hrs...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
ICS makes my rocket run warm even when not doing anything... felt like i had a warming pad inside my pocket today at work.. and battery almost did not last the 8 hrs...

Hmmm that's strange... I'm running the same leak and I don't have overheating issue except when I'm using GPS or playing games for like an hour straight... You are running UCLE2. Right? Maybe try a complete wipe?
the battery isn't that good for me either but I manage to squeeze like 10 sometimes even 13 - 14 hours. Depending on how I use it thoughout the day.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, im on ucle2 and didnt overheat today. Battery still pretty bad even on my oem battery. What speeds arr you getting on lte? The highest is about 8mbps both up and down... chicagoland lte...

Uselessbass

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else's signal bar lower on this rom it doesn't seem to have any disconnection problems but shows less bars then before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was getting around 38 like in December, January when I first got the phone. I was testing it in Manhattan around 34 st area and times square. But that's no longer the case, I usually get around 8 -12
Edit: Just ran the test again (in Brooklyn right now) got 14.78dl. 5.09 it's still not that bad. I mean still faster than my cable Internet connection hahah lol

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
A question from a noob to android person for any android guru do i have to root my phone in order to apply a custom ROM?

Yup you have to be rooted to use a custom rom. It's pretty easy to do and you can always go back to unrooted stock if you want.

Oh and Trev I missed your reply the other day, must have slipped my mind lol. Ya if you flash any leak or stock rom with Odin it replaces CWM with stock recovery. You guys are making me jealous with the LTE, still none here in WA :'(

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yup you have to be rooted to use a custom rom. It's pretty easy to do and you can always go back to unrooted stock if you want.

Oh and Trev I missed your reply the other day, must have slipped my mind lol. Ya if you flash any leak or stock rom with Odin it replaces CWM with stock recovery. You guys are making me jealous with the LTE, still none here in WA :'(

no worries Ronnie :), i figured that out. thanks! sorry to hear about the LTE in your area hopefully they'll upgrade to it soon.
btw, loving the sky ICS! just updated it to the latest base (13) i don't think i'll ever need to go to the stock ATT anymore on this phone lol

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
well i think when you install the CWM you are automatically rooted because with CWM you can simply flash superuser.zip and have the root permissions...