New Leak!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
im running it. seems to be a lot better than the previous one. however i'm concerned about the battery. will have to test it for the full day.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
so far haven't found any issues except one... this leak seems to be very heavy on the battery when actually using the phone. when the phone is idle it discharges 1% per hour. but if i use it, i can see the battery percentage falling down pretty fast. aside of that no FCs or any serious issues, contacts tab is back in the phone menu. But i may go back to GB because of the battery. will test more today :)

vientiane

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes.
The battery life seem to be going down a bit fast (auto radio between hspa & LTE).
Now I'm testing it without LTE (using only hspa) My area far away from City, LTE signal strength is from -113 to -105.
Hopefully the battery last longer with only hspa.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
i just went back to GB 2.3.5, in terms of the battery I think the best version is 2.3.6 I had some really fantastic results there (easily over 24 hrs) but unfortunately too many FC's and app freezes.... I am still thinking to do the OTA to 2.3.6 though... may do it today....

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
2.3.6 seems to have the best battery life. I had all day with moderate use and @ 11:20 pm still 45% left.
yes, but like i said too many FCs... at least on my device. I tried to OTA 2.3.6 yesterday all day but to no avail... update keeps failing.... :(

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
It was failing for me too after unrooting my phone... I then followed the instructions (Solution 2) below and was able to upgrade to 2.3.6.
**********************************************************************************
Originally Posted by lithprintr
I have used two different ways to return to stock.
1. Go to sammobile.com, register, then search for SGH-I727, then download the file. Then search for Odin 1.85. which will be used to flash the file you downloaded from sammobile. Be careful with Odin, otherwise you can brick your phone. The only box checked should be auto reboot. Click the pda button, find your download, then hit start.

2. Use Kies. Open Kies without your phone plugged in. Go to tools, Firmware Upgrade and Initialization, enter your device info (in caps). It will then offer to reload your software.

Once you're back on 2.3.5, you can OTA to 2.3.6, if you want.
My phone had only one FC in a day now.

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
solution 2 doesn't work for me, kies does not recognize my phone's IMEI. also, it says "your device is not supported updating via kies" or something like that... maybe it is because the unit is refurb? but the IMEI has to be in samsung's database anyway... besides, i am completely stock now 2.3.5 not rooted or anything. still OTA update fails at the white screen with the progress bar at 25%

Last edited:

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
After reading several pages over at xda, doesn't seem to be many complaints as previous leaks, I'm tempted to try it.
yeah.. I'm wondering why nobody complains about battery life... the leak is pretty stable almost looks like a finished version. but the battery drains very fast at least on my phone...

Aquarium1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
yeah.. I'm wondering why nobody complains about battery life... the leak is pretty stable almost looks like a finished version. but the battery drains very fast at least on my phone...

I just loaded this rom and the battery life is horrible. Seriously, I want to go back to the previous version. The battery life wasn't even that good with he last version, but this one drops 1% every 3-4 minutes. :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded this rom and the battery life is horrible. Seriously, I want to go back to the previous version. The battery life wasn't even that good with he last version, but this one drops 1% every 3-4 minutes. :what:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much for your feedback! I specifically went to xda and registered to ask this question. but i seem to be getting more answers here than there lol So then it is not just my device, seem that this rom really does have battery issues. same for me 1% every 3-4 minutes. well too bad... i am surprised people at xda don't comment much about it. one person actually said this rom improved his battery life... idk.. will stick to gb in a mean time.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Which rom are you guys using that has horrible battery life? The Odin leak? Or one of the custom roms?

I'm still on the Sky ICS UCLD2 rom, and battery life is okay (though inconsistent).

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
yes thw Odin leak the stock ATT UCLE2 that just leaked.. although I'm probably gonna keep it.. . I installed it again yesterday and right now it's been 11hrs 22 mins and the battery is at 30% with display time 2hrs and 12 mins. it sucks of course, but since I have two more spare batteries with me all the time I should be fine for at least a full day (24 hours) with moderate to some heavy use... what are your usual results jedah? just want to compare.. the best battery I was getting with GB 2.3.6...

Last edited:

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
yes thw Odin leak the stock ATT UCLE2 that just leaked.. although I'm probably gonna keep it.. . I installed it again yesterday and right now it's been 11hrs 22 mins and the battery is at 30% with display time 2hrs and 12 mins. it sucks of course, but since I have two more spare batteries with me all the time I should be fine for at least a full day (24 hours) with moderate to some heavy use... what are your usual results jedah? just want to compare.. the best battery I was getting with GB 2.3.6...

The only test I've run is when I'm asleep, since my conditions and usage vary too much throughout the day to compare.

Best battery life I got was -0.6 to 0.7%/hr drainage on NexusMod4 (GB) and Sky ICS 4.2D-9 using Wifi. Both roms settled into those results after about two weeks of use. NexusMod4 battery hit those results for me more consistently than Sky ICS.

On stock KJ radio, battery life on Wifi was usually -1%/hr.

On ICS, I suspect there is something off with the radios. Battery gets pulverized when I'm at work where my phone and wifi reception are both very poor: like double digit % drain per hour. Battery life took a hit when I used UCLA3, but it wasn't as bad as what I'm seeing now with either the UCALC4 or UCLD2 radios.

Reactions: dalvik

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The only test I've run is when I'm asleep, since my conditions and usage vary too much throughout the day to compare.

Best battery life I got was -0.6 to 0.7%/hr drainage on NexusMod4 (GB) and Sky ICS 4.2D-9 using Wifi. Both roms settled into those results after about two weeks of use. NexusMod4 battery hit those results for me more consistently than Sky ICS.

On stock KJ radio, battery life on Wifi was usually -1%/hr.

On ICS, I suspect there is something off with the radios. Battery gets pulverized when I'm at work where my phone and wifi reception are both very poor: like double digit % drain per hour. Battery life took a hit when I used UCLA3, but it wasn't as bad as what I'm seeing now with either the UCALC4 or UCLD2 radios.
hmm interesting... perhaps i should reflash the radio, i am not even sure if it is possible with the stock odin leak.. will have to find out.. also i should probably give a bit more time for the rom to settle perhaps that will improve the battery too. I really like this leak. it feels almost like a finished update ready to roll out.. i haven't had any FCs or things like that.. will give it a try for a few more days... see what happens... thank you!

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
hmm interesting... perhaps i should reflash the radio, i am not even sure if it is possible with the stock odin leak.. will have to find out.. also i should probably give a bit more time for the rom to settle perhaps that will improve the battery too. I really like this leak. it feels almost like a finished update ready to roll out.. i haven't had any FCs or things like that.. will give it a try for a few more days... see what happens... thank you!

Maybe I'll try the UCLE radio sometime to compare. So far for me, UCALC4 had better battery life than UCLD2, but I've heard people report the contrary.

UCALC4 seems to give up on getting HSPA+ and LTE faster. In some cases, this sucks. When I went to the AT&T store to play w/ the One X, my phone showed HSPA while the One X showed LTE. I had to toggle airplane mode a couple time to get mine to show LTE.

But if I'm in an area w/ poor reception, it's better because it won't keep trying to drain the battery w/ one bar on HSPA or LTE (in which you'd get no data anyway), but instead revert to 3 bars on Edge.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks again! I might try to flash some radios later... also I suspect that the stock browser is either half finished or broken I can't figure out how to bring the address bar with bookmarks without scrolling all the way up and a few other issues too. in a mean time I'm using chrome browser which is also buggy but at least has all these features.

Last edited:

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
As a potential newbie to Android, I'm wondering if I could bother you folks by asking the pros/cons to rooting, whether if voids any warranties, and if someone new to Android (but understand basics easily) should even bother. And if you you root a phone, can you still get the OS updates pushed by Samsung or the carrier?

I know this may sound lame, but it seems clear that rooting a phone has some advantages so it's always nice to know. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21