Question about ics leak?

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my skyrocket from a friend because I don't want to use my upgrade yet. When I got it it had ics on it but the one I have drains my battery so bad and my Facebook app doesn't work had the time. Was there a more recent leak that fixed these problems? If so, where can I get it and how do I do it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Okay thank you. Wish I could just pay someone to do it that has experience. I use my phone for everything!

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Also I don't know if its a skyrocket problem or a problem with the leak I have but I noticed sometimes under my contacts it will just show phone numbers and not names like in my messages and stuff.

I think these might be the numbers of people you dialed or who called you and are not in your phone list...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Well idk if it's better in terms of battery but it is more complete and stable than the previous one. Here is the link if you are interested. Just read carefully what it says there, don't brick your phone lol forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1573218

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it better then? How do I do that?

Ucalc4 is the 1st and most buggy of the ICS leaks. UCLE2 is the 3rd and most recent. As it is not official, I'm guessing there are still bugs, though I have not run into any in my week or so of use.

You can either go back to the original Gingerbread firmware:

[HOWTO][TAR] THE ODIN THREAD :: Return to stock, fix soft brick :: 11/13: Rogers TAR! - xda-developers

Or try out the most recent ICS leak

[ODIN] SGH-I727 Build UCLE2 - Android 4.0.4 - xda-developers

Or if you're feeling brave, you can try one of the custom roms. Just make sure you do some reading until you're comfortable before you do it.

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh and another question I have is if I don't want the leaks on my phone and I want to go back to whatever is stock, I guess you would say, how do I do that?

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Lol was about to post the direct link for ucle2. :) I'm not happy with the battery performance with ucle2 either. It is better than the one you currently running though.. but yeah you can go back to stock GB from the link jedah posted above

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Am I going to lose everything on my phone? Also I don't know if its a skyrocket problem or a problem with the leak I have but I noticed sometimes under my contacts it will just show phone numbers and not names like in my messages and stuff.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Besides, it is relatively easy to brick the phone. I did brick mine with Odin when mistakingly selected "phone" instead of PDA. Please read and follow all instructions to the latter with whatever Rom you'll choose to flash on your phone.
Edit:
If you flash a new Rom you will lose everything except for the external SD card if you have one.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Also I don't know if its a skyrocket problem or a problem with the leak I have but I noticed sometimes under my contacts it will just show phone numbers and not names like in my messages and stuff.

I think these might be the numbers of people you dialed or who called you and are not in your phone list...

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I had thought that too but I mainly see it when I go into my texts and one minute they have my contacts name and then the next time look at it every oncebin awhile it just has the phone numbers and a while later it says contacts fc or something along those lines.