So, err, don't we Skyrocket users get to install Google Chrome?

I actually liked using it on my HTC One X...
    05-28-2012 04:26 PM
    If u have ics then u should b able to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    05-28-2012 04:35 PM
    NaviWilliams? what the...I thought you chucked your Rocket for the 4s? And what happened to the HTC, did you not like it?

sorry, but inquiring minds want to know.
    05-28-2012 05:19 PM
    as moosc says ICS let's you do chrome...I'm waiting for official release but a lot of people have rolled their own using the leaked ICS.
    05-28-2012 05:21 PM
    So, err, don't we Skyrocket users get to install Google Chrome?

I actually liked using it on my HTC One X...
    Any specific reason you switched from One X to skyrocket? I actually like the way it looks.
    05-28-2012 05:22 PM
    I tried it, just liked dolphin hd better on cell. If I was big on syncing with computer bookmark I'd see the advantage, but I found it too buggy at this point. I will look again more when it is a tad more stable.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-28-2012 05:25 PM
    LOL - this is me you're talking to, I have more gadgets than I care to mention

I returned the HTC, and decided to wait for the iPhone 5, like an *****! A week later I missed the HTC\Android, and of course, you can't get one on AT&T for love or money at the moment, hence I have a Skyrocket till I can get an HTC One X

See how complicated my life is? LOL

NaviWilliams? what the...I thought you chucked your Rocket for the 4s? And what happened to the HTC, did you not like it?

sorry, but inquiring minds want to know.
    05-28-2012 08:21 PM
    See my response above...

Any specific reason you switched from One X to skyrocket? I actually like the way it looks.
    05-28-2012 08:24 PM
    Wow, I love it. I can at least get to hear how you like some of these other phones. Glad to see you back with a rocket in your pocket...at least for the time being.

Why did you take back the htc? was it the multi-tasking issues?
    05-28-2012 08:56 PM
    The WIFI is the biggest issue as is. It would 'hang' on the last WIFI connection it made, hence during transit from one location to another, you'd get NO notifications for emails, tweets, etc. HTC said they'd release a fix at the end of May...

Multitasking wasn't an issue per se, since it is working as it should, as per HTC. Albeit, I didn't fully use that feature. I tested it a few times, and it seemed okay to me, but, doesn't mean I was using it properly

Now that I'm back on the Skyrocket, I'm remembering why I got it the first time round. I do also remember the volume for calls on the HTC not being brilliant compared to the Skyrocket.

The two things I'd change about the Skyrocket right now are:
    1. I'd like the official ICS OS to install...
    2. I'd like to stop the round-and-round scrolling of the home screens. Or, alternatively, give me the option that when I press the home button, I'm taken to my 'true' home page. Make sense?

So, I guess I have 29 days to make up my mind.

Wow, I love it. I can at least get to hear how you like some of these other phones. Glad to see you back with a rocket in your pocket...at least for the time being.

Why did you take back the htc? was it the multi-tasking issues?
    05-28-2012 09:17 PM
    The WIFI is the biggest issue as is. It would 'hang' on the last WIFI connection it made, hence during transit from one location to another, you'd get NO notifications for emails, tweets, etc. HTC said they'd release a fix at the end of May...

Multitasking wasn't an issue per se, since it is working as it should, as per HTC. Albeit, I didn't fully use that feature. I tested it a few times, and it seemed okay to me, but, doesn't mean I was using it properly

Now that I'm back on the Skyrocket, I'm remembering why I got it the first time round. I do also remember the volume for calls on the HTC not being brilliant compared to the Skyrocket.

The two things I'd change about the Skyrocket right now are:
    1. I'd like the official ICS OS to install...
    2. I'd like to stop the round-and-round scrolling of the home screens. Or, alternatively, give me the option that when I press the home button, I'm taken to my 'true' home page. Make sense?

So, I guess I have 29 days to make up my mind.
    Hmmm...that's funny when I press the home button I am taken back to my "true" home page, even if I have side scrolled to a different one, I am always taken back. I am on 2.3.5 still though. Yes sir, many problems I've heard of with the HTC, although it seems like one pretty phone...the SkyRocket though has been rock solid for me. I love the call quality also...excellent "phone" phone...lol.
    05-28-2012 09:42 PM
    Interesting, I'm on 2.3.6, just updated today. I don't recall checking the 'home' button option prior. I quickly updated like an *****, thinking it was ICS. Duh, silly boy...

I don't understand why they'd change that. I guess I could delete all my screens bar one

Hmmm...that's funny when I press the home button I am taken back to my "true" home page, even if I have side scrolled to a different one, I am always taken back. I am on 2.3.5 still though. Yes sir, many problems I've heard of with the HTC, although it seems like one pretty phone...the SkyRocket though has been rock solid for me. I love the call quality also...excellent "phone" phone...lol.
    wwalsh22 likes this.
    05-28-2012 10:19 PM
    I'm on the 2.3.6 and pressing the home button takes me to my "true" homescreen (the middle one).
    05-29-2012 11:24 PM
    I think my issue was it was doing this while I had it connected to a Pc, charging. Now that it is not connected it works as designed. I press the home button and get the home screen.

Weird really...

Albeit a shame one can't use Google Chrome (sync option, too) with Gingerbread 2.3.6.

Things like this that temp me back to the HTC One X

I'm on the 2.3.6 and pressing the home button takes me to my "true" homescreen (the middle one).
    05-30-2012 06:18 AM
    I was looking for chrome too. Had it on my one x and really liked. I forgot it was ICS only. Back here now in skyrocket land till the g3 comes to AT&T. Finally have enough storage for all my music and pics. The one x touch screen was much more precise than the Skyrocets. Oh well can't Win them all.
    toddrizzo likes this.
    05-31-2012 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD