SMS\Text app

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Go sms. I like the customization. I tried handcent and chomp but kept having issues with people receiving double messages from me with those. Plus I like the look of Go sms's widget better.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
So Navi...give up on the HTC One X? Am betting you were frustrated with all the bugs and lack of fixes from HTC.

Are you going to stick with the Skyrocket or wait for the GS3. You're obviously a device junky, LOL.

Personally I'm going to wait for the GS3 to land at ATT I believe, though I still think the Skyrocket is a contender if for nothing else other than bang for buck (it's $40 on Amazon). But the GS3 may blow its doors off so will play wait and see.. As to Apple, the 'next iPhone" will really have to be advanced to get me to get another one, that's for sure. And a 3.9" screen ain't gonna do it for me either :)

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm back on my Skyrocket. I want another HTC One X, but I also want all the issues resolved.

The Skyrocket is a solid fast device. Period...

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice for me because I don't wanna pay for SMS.

Otherwise, I use the stock SMS client. I used handcent once, but I didn't really find any major benefit over stock, so I went back.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Jedah.. is there something weird about the stock SMS app or? Just curious.

Also, I read through much of the info on the links to the XDA site about rooting, flashing etc. but it's still pretty daunting. I could have sworn you said in another message that you don't have to root a phone (which voids the warranty), in order to flash a ROM like the latest ICS ROM.

As you can imagine, coming from an iPhone where you can't do anything to the OS, there's a learning curve but I also don't want to brick the phone once I make the choice of the GS3 or Skyrocket. I also don't fully understand the function of a launcher, though it appears it has to do with the design of the home screens and icons more than anything else. On many threads, it appears that the optimal functioning of an Android phone happens without any manufacturer UI, or what they call 'vanilla', right? And then many here in the SR forum seem to feel that the current version of GB works great on the SR, but improvements in ICS are definitely something worthwhile.. So many questions.. Sorry :)

I'm very grateful for your help and direction too.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Jedah.. is there something weird about the stock SMS app or? Just curious.

Also, I read through much of the info on the links to the XDA site about rooting, flashing etc. but it's still pretty daunting. I could have sworn you said in another message that you don't have to root a phone (which voids the warranty), in order to flash a ROM like the latest ICS ROM.

As you can imagine, coming from an iPhone where you can't do anything to the OS, there's a learning curve but I also don't want to brick the phone once I make the choice of the GS3 or Skyrocket. I also don't fully understand the function of a launcher, though it appears it has to do with the design of the home screens and icons more than anything else. On many threads, it appears that the optimal functioning of an Android phone happens without any manufacturer UI, or what they call 'vanilla', right? And then many here in the SR forum seem to feel that the current version of GB works great on the SR, but improvements in ICS are definitely something worthwhile.. So many questions.. Sorry :)

I'm very grateful for your help and direction too.

There's nothing weird about the stock SMS app that I noticed. I may not be the right person to ask. I don't demand much. As long as I can send to multiple people and forward messages, I'm okay. But, variety's a good thing, and I'm sure there are things that the other apps offer over the stock client. You would probably need to try them out. I think most of them are free.

As for the rooting/flashing question, I'll send you a PM soon so we don't derail this thread :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781