06-26-2012 09:18 PM
33 12
tools
    Samsung Galaxy S III is the successor of the Samsung Galaxy SII. It comes with Exynos Quad core processor,8MP camera.The Samsung Galaxy S III embodies the Android lovers dream of having a slim and light device with huge screen. With a powerful quad-core Exynos chip, which turns into Snapdragon S4 + LTE for the US, the phone becomes the 2012 Android yardstick.

Samsung Galaxy S III Deals UK
    And your post is relevant to this thread in what way?
    06-14-2012 05:32 PM
    i'm getting some really spectacular speeds in Brooklyn NY. i've attached the screenshot which I took today around Coney Island beach area (very busy neighbourhood) i'm using the official UXLf3 ICS Rogers modem on the SkyICS ROM. i've never even seen speeds like this before on my phone, So i think once the ATT will release the official ICS update it should have the same modem
    06-23-2012 01:28 PM
    Used my skyrocket on Chicago over the weekend. Pretty decent 12 down 6 up in the east Lakeview area. Milwaukee is getting it as we speak but unfortunately probably won't be done till September and they are having issues in my area while upgrading the towers. Getting kinda annoying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    06-23-2012 03:48 PM
    Oh I'm running ICS 4.0.4 UCLE2 build.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    06-23-2012 03:49 PM
    I was in Boston last week for a conference. I got 21794kbps down, 13560kbps up, 65ms ping. I was running around that range throughout the week. One thing I noticed though is that my battery life took a beating. It may have been because it was a social media conference and I was using data alot, but I was getting 6 hours at most on the battery. Good thing I had a spare to make it through the day.
    skyrocketeer likes this.
    06-23-2012 06:01 PM
    Nice speeds from Beantown...How is the coverage there? I have noted a lot of spotty coverage here in Cleveland area. Some of the burbs have it and some don't.
    06-24-2012 08:02 AM
    Nice speeds from Beantown...How is the coverage there? I have noted a lot of spotty coverage here in Cleveland area. Some of the burbs have it and some don't.
    Since the conference was in downtown Boston (Hynes Convention Center area/Copley), the areas I went to went as west as Brookline, and as east as the Waterfront and Seaport district. Coverage I got was pretty solid from what I noticed, even when I was walking through skyscrapers in the financial district. On my down day (day before the conference), I managed to get around 20 hours, even with moderate Google Navigation usage (I walked ALOT).

Keep in mind that wifi usage was practically non-existent because I wasn't willing to pay for hotel wifi usage at the Westin and Sheraton (why in this day and age wifi usage isn't free in hotels is beyond me), or wifi was very weak at different locations, and wifi usage at Hynes during my conference was painfully slow...probably because the several hundred like me that were there were using data heavily throughout the three and a half days. So, Boston's LTE coverage is pretty good, but wifi coverage was spotty at best. I enjoyed connectivity in the San Francisco area better, largely because there was better wifi coverage to complement the LTE coverage.

Edit: BTW, your coverage in Cleveland is similar to my coverage in St. Louis where it's spotty at some parts, but thankfully the dropoff is mainly going from LTE to HSPA+. The dropoff is only more apparent when I go to, say the rural areas of southern Illinois (3G, Edge).
    06-24-2012 11:07 AM
    i'm getting some really spectacular speeds in Brooklyn NY. i've attached the screenshot which I took today around Coney Island beach area (very busy neighbourhood) i'm using the official UXLf3 ICS Rogers modem on the SkyICS ROM. i've never even seen speeds like this before on my phone, So i think once the ATT will release the official ICS update it should have the same modem
    Click to view quoted image
    Wow those are smokin speeds.
    06-26-2012 09:18 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD