Finally AT&T LTE!

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow...just looked at my Rocket and for the first time here in Cleveland my LTE is on!!! I didn't think this day would ever come...One of the big reasons I got the SkyRocket to begin with...first speed test I ran in my house here which is only 1 bar is 8428kbps down and 393kbps up. About half of what I get normally on wifi...going to go out and get some more tests. Thank you AT&T!
:):)

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Just ran another quick test and this time I got 10245kbps down and 434kbps up...my prior 4g speeds were running about 1800kbps...the fastest I ever got 4G was in a high bar area and was 8000kbps...I need to get out where I have more bars and really check out the Rocket.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I am still running 2.3.5 rgarcia. Just ran a few more tests fastest yet today is 14492 kbps 587 kbps up. I haven't left home to see how it is around town. That speed is running a little behind what I get at times on wifi, but I imagine it will be faster if I get nearer a tower. rgarcia, have you tried it around town and what kind of results you getting in other areas? i can see already my battery is draining pretty fast! Finally going to have to bite the bullet and look into a couple extra batteries and maybe a charging cradle.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Last time I was in the ATT store playing with the demo SR the speed test I ran was about 15 down and about 7 up which to me is blazing fast. I hear some parts of downtown SF the speeds are greater than 30 down and12 upstream. Since I have a clunky old IP3G, on a good day I get maybe 600 kbps down, so getting 10-20x's the speed is sweet. Eagerly awaiting to see the new GS3 now as we all are!

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
You have some great things to look forward to jt...now that LTE is here I feel my SkyRocket is complete and still competitive with the best out there today. Very satisfying device.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine is blazing here in Tampa FL. 56767 download and 11109 upload.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Well I'll be damned that is some impressive speed...how many bars are you getting? That's close to 3 times what I get on my Time Warner Cable broadband...might have to try some tethering if I could grab those kind of speeds.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I'll be damned that is some impressive speed...how many bars are you getting? That's close to 3 times what I get on my Time Warner Cable broadband...might have to try some tethering if I could grab those kind of speeds.

Let us know how your battery does with this new speed you are getting.

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site

5 bars. I average 4-5 bars throughout the day.

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site

About 12 hours with surfing, checking email, texting, calls. About eight if I start listening to music online or listening to my iTunes. About 18 hours with minimal activity.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Well it isn't looking pretty so far TgeekB...last weekend I used pretty heavily but with no calls at all, and pushed it to 36 hours on wifi...5 hours of screen on time. Today so far I am just under 8 hours with 33% left...2 hours screen on time, quite a lot of which is surfing and speedtesting...going to keep posting over the next day or 2, but it looks like my drain has gone from 1% in standby to more like 5-6 or more...still testing though...extra batteries are going to be a must though...but man the pages are really loading snappy...and that rocks big-time...

It feels like a SkyRocket now...oh ya....:cool:

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
About 12 hours with surfing, checking email, texting, calls. About eight if I start listening to music online or listening to my iTunes. About 18 hours with minimal activity.

That looks like about what I'm going to be seeing...big change from wifi and 4g battery times. Thanks for the data man.

On the market now for a charger and good batteries...

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
After checking around I realized apparently Cleveland we nt LTE on Thursday...I sure didn't notice it here at my house until this morning, but it might of been I was just too used of wifi hopping from place to place. I'm not sure if it is still being rolled out and just happened to get to the tower that is servicing my house.

I'm at 29% with 8.5 hours...absolutely horrifying! I'm going to keep monitoring this, maybe all the speed tests aren't helping.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thats what I'm afraid of, battery life drops like a rock. I would stay on wifi when possible but they need to improve the batteries to be able to handle the improvement in technology we are seeing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: skyrocketeer

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Change your brightness to a standard setting, versus 'auto'. See if that helps.

I get at least 19 hours, with 2 hours + of screen time, and I'm in Atlanta, GA, with LTE...

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Last time I was in the ATT store playing with the demo SR the speed test I ran was about 15 down and about 7 up which to me is blazing fast. I hear some parts of downtown SF the speeds are greater than 30 down and12 upstream. Since I have a clunky old IP3G, on a good day I get maybe 600 kbps down, so getting 10-20x's the speed is sweet. Eagerly awaiting to see the new GS3 now as we all are!

Lol u still got that old as 3gs haha man come to the Samsung side

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad