USB device not recognized

jbautista83

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I charge my phone via usb cable directly onto my computer sometimes, and every now and then I get a "USB device not recognized" error message. It is hit and miss, and I'm not exactly sure why. Does anyone have the same thing happen to them?

robert n

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I charge my phone via usb cable directly onto my computer sometimes, and every now and then I get a "USB device not recognized" error message. It is hit and miss, and I'm not exactly sure why. Does anyone have the same thing happen to them?

Try this...it worked for me...Except I started getting this all of the sudden and Every single time I would connect to my PC.

I read this solution on the internet but did not think it would work...but I took 2 minutes and tried it and it worked! give it a try..you only have to lose 2 minutes...

1. hold your phone and look at the micro USB connector on the bottom edge of your Skyrocket

2. you will see a "tongue" inside the USB port.

3. put something "non metalic" (I used a flat wooden toothpick). Gently, lift up the "tongue"..
I used a twirling motion on my toothpick to raise the tongue up a little bit. Don't Go PRYING it up...just be gentle because you don't want to break your toothpick inside the phone or break the Tongue.

I did this and now I do not get the "USB device is not recognized". Give it a try and post here if it worked for you. Spread the word if it does.

Good Luck!

ADRz

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

This is a hardware problem. Playing with the USB connector may result in the problem going away for a short period of time, but essentially, the phone is defective.

Itumeleng Victor

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: USB device not recognized solution

Well I've heard people only talking about resetting your PC's USB modules through removing power for a minute or two. The problem is that this may not work for everyone. The mobile device has a USB module as well which may require a minute to two of being left without battery reset. Hope this help you! Cheers!

- - - Updated - - -

Well I've heard people only talking about resetting your PC's USB modules through removing power for a minute or two. The problem is that this may not work for everyone. The mobile device has a USB module as well which may require a minute to two of being left without battery reset. Hope this help you! Cheers!

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: USB device not recognized solution

Took mine to AT&T DSC couple days ago. They reflashed it. It worked for like 1 day. Then stopped working.

Taking the phone back this weekend. Want another phone or it's going on CL so I can ETF and get something on Verizon, they have better LTE coverage anyways.

freakyjas

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
i cant believe this actually worked! i was confused because the usb cable was charging but not recognizing it. raised the tongue a little and boom it works great. thanks for saving me from rolling back to gingerbread...

Jacko_56

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
No need to risk messing with the usb connection, just turn off the phone and turn it back on again. Fixed it straight away for me after messing about for 3 days! :)

jkschola

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
is there any tip to apply coz i tried to lift up ( maybe i dont know in which direction to lift up the tongue)
I've tried for weeks nothing happen

bhupeshthapar2002

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Just a firm pull up of the USB cable (when connected to phone) did the trick for me too.
Actually the very reason i started to have this problem was after an accidental bending of my charger USB connector while my phone was charging
That must have displaced or damaged the usb toungue within my phone (charger was wasted anyway).

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: connot download apps

Each time I try to download app from play store, it tells me 'invalid account password. Can sombody help out here

This doesn't fit the subject of this discussion, but anyways you could go under Settings>Apps, look for Google Play, and clear data. When you click the app again, you will have to login. You should be able to download apps as normal.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci