This is it...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've used various gadgets in my life, and I was even stuck in the Apple ecosystem for a while, too. Using the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, things just simply worked...

Over the past 6 years I've tried various Android devices here and there. I was seriously disappointed with the battery life, period. But, I have to say the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket reminds me of the iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S, i.e. it just works! I've tried the HTC One X on multiple occasions now, and there is always one issue or another, even with general use of the device (typing, and general screen responsiveness).

The Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket for me, just works. I can type flawlessly, the screen is responsive, and in general use and handling, it just works. Yes, I know some might argue that the HTC One X has a better camera, etc. But, really for me that is not the highest priority on a smartphone.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I've used various gadgets in my life, and I was even stuck in the Apple ecosystem for a while, too. Using the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S, things just simply worked...

Over the past 6 years I've tried various Android devices here and there. I was seriously disappointed with the battery life, period. But, I have to say the Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket reminds me of the iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S, i.e. it just works! I've tried the HTC One X on multiple occasions now, and there is always one issue or another, even with general use of the device (typing, and general screen responsiveness).

The Samsung Galaxy Skyrocket for me, just works. I can type flawlessly, the screen is responsive, and in general use and handling, it just works. Yes, I know some might argue that the HTC One X has a better camera, etc. But, really for me that is not the highest priority on a smartphone.
And that is what's needed in a phone for it to work right. I too loved my skyrocket but unfortunately there was some issue with my phone number and that particular phone as far as texting, and that's why I ultimately changed too...need a phone that works.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
So Navi.. you're saying that you're done with the One X even after exchanging it for another phone?? I have to admit that when comparing the screens at the ATT store, the HTC is far superior to the AMOLED screen and of course, the One X is running ICS now. Many seem to think that getting a Skyrocket instead of the GS3 could be an advantage for a noobie since most all bugs and issues have been worked out unlike the HOX.

Since I'm being very patient before pulling the trigger its always good to get feedback from someone like you who's a device junky but also is convinced of the Skyrocket's benefits. I can't help but think that Samsung will drop the price on it again once the GS3 is shipped. Right now, it doesn't make sense to pay $125 for it though.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've tried the HTC One X on multiple occasions now, and there is always one issue or another, even with general use of the device (typing, and general screen responsiveness).

Funny you should mentioned the typing. I tried typing on the H1X at the store, and I was mistyping all over the place. I thought it was just me. I wonder how it would perform w/ an alternate keyboard (like Swiftkey).

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes indeed the Galaxy s2 Skyrocket is topnotch hardware, wrung out to the max...it just works. There are a couple phones out there with better specs...but few with the combination of first-class hardware...and debugged software...good place to hang awhile.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
you know guys, when GS3 was announced i was absolutely sure I will buy it and sell my skyrocket. I was getting really tired waiting until AT&T finally updates it to ICS. But ever since I installed the Sky ICS rom its like a whole new phone! its really amazing what these developers do! I really don't think I will need/want to go back to stock ATT even when it'll get finally updated to official ICS. Moreover, I now think thank I may keep the Skyrocket at least until I'll be eligible for the contract upgrade. the GS3 doesn't really add anything new except for the processor (which we won't be getting anyway) and enhanced software (which I already have on my phone) And also I'm not a fan of the physical button (don't even use it on my ipad) So at this point I'm very content with what I have now thanks to the amaizing xda developers community:) the battery life got much better with this rom as well.

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I love the fact that these options are out there as I love the hardware...Trev I would go for it if I could afford to replace the SR straight up...but ...since I'm not sure I could right now I'm too nervous I would zork my little sammy Rocket.

Chrstauffe

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
you know guys, when GS3 was announced i was absolutely sure I will buy it and sell my skyrocket. I was getting really tired waiting until AT&T finally updates it to ICS. But ever since I installed the Sky ICS rom its like a whole new phone! its really amazing what these developers do! I really don't think I will need/want to go back to stock ATT even when it'll get finally updated to official ICS. Moreover, I now think thank I may keep the Skyrocket at least until I'll be eligible for the contract upgrade. the GS3 doesn't really add anything new except for the processor (which we won't be getting anyway) and enhanced software (which I already have on my phone) And also I'm not a fan of the physical button (don't even use it on my ipad) So at this point I'm very content with what I have now thanks to the amaizing xda developers community:) the battery life got much better with this rom as well.

What Sky ICS rom are you using? i would love to move to ICS. I am tired of waiting...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I love the fact that these options are out there as I love the hardware...Trev I would go for it if I could afford to replace the SR straight up...but ...since I'm not sure I could right now I'm too nervous I would zork my little sammy Rocket.

Well.. I've been playing and experimenting with my blackberry phones a few years back, flashing leaks and whatnot, at first I was a bit nervous too. but the thing is, these developers put out precise directions and all you have to do is read carefully and follow. (although i did manage to brick my first SR lol but that was caused by not paying attention rather than not understanding what's going on) also I'm an IT tech so messing with electronics is kinda my thing lol :) but yeah.. I know what you mean.. anyway by staying stock you'll be able to get an official update. Now that GS3 was announced hopefully they'll finally update older models...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11