06-30-2012 02:22 PM
48 12
tools
    Little too late for me. I sold my Skyrocket and bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus.
    06-20-2012 11:57 AM
    Little too late for me. I sold my Skyrocket and bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus.
    How did you unload yours and for how much? I'm trying to sell mine and maybe by an S3 or an iPhone full price.
    06-20-2012 11:59 AM
    Yes the Darkside is the way to go. I have another question. Does anyone know where I can go to learn more about the VPN component of CM9 for Skyrocket. Now that I have it up and running, I am trying out all the functionality that I need and had with GB. With ICS, it is no longer working with my Sonicwall VPN.
    06-20-2012 02:10 PM
    Glad to hear it! I was going to recommend that to the last poster, but then I got sucked into Diablo III...
    lol thats why i dont have D3
    06-20-2012 02:49 PM
    so to update my phone to the new nightly i just install it same way i did first time and wont loose any data? cm9 and gapps?
    06-21-2012 08:13 AM
    Just flash the new nightly build... no need to wipe or reflash gapps....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    06-21-2012 09:14 AM
    Just flash the new nightly build... no need to wipe or reflash gapps....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    Yes and no. You still need to format /system, then flash the nightly and then flash google apps. Worked like a charm for me and everything is working great.
    06-22-2012 08:33 AM
    You should just be able to wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash. You shouldn't have to wipe /system, but some extra wiping never hurts haha
    06-22-2012 10:44 AM
    You should just be able to wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash. You shouldn't have to wipe /system, but some extra wiping never hurts haha
    Didn't wipe any cache, just /system. After the boot it did an 'Android is updating' and then updated the apps. Runs like a dream.
    06-22-2012 11:47 AM
    all i did was install new .zip and it updated, didnt wipe anything and it works fine
    06-24-2012 02:18 PM
    all i did was install new .zip and it updated, didnt wipe anything and it works fine
    Yes, that will technically work, but it is not the 'recommended' method of installing CM9 or any other ROM.
    06-25-2012 02:05 AM
    Yes, that will technically work, but it is not the 'recommended' method of installing CM9 or any other ROM.

what is the proper method?

my first install i wiped it , wiped davlik cache and installed cm9 and gapps.

Also i am having issues with cm9, about 5 times a day ill lock the screen then when i come back to it theres no touch. its like its frozen but just the touch screen doesnt work. i have to take out battery to shut it down then its fine. anyone else getting this? i really like cm9 but damn i just want ICS to get out already so i can have a stable release of something
    06-25-2012 03:50 PM
    what is the proper method?

my first install i wiped it , wiped davlik cache and installed cm9 and gapps.

Also i am having issues with cm9, about 5 times a day ill lock the screen then when i come back to it theres no touch. its like its frozen but just the touch screen doesnt work. i have to take out battery to shut it down then its fine. anyone else getting this? i really like cm9 but damn i just want ICS to get out already so i can have a stable release of something
    I've had the touchscreen problem before but not in the last couple days. If it happens again touch the screen with 5 fingers or wipe your palm across the screen to reset the touchscreen. Nightly builds can be buggy at times

The reason we wipe cache and dalvik cache between nightly builds is to clear out old files that may conflict with the new nightly. Just wipe cache and dalvik cache then you should be good to go, no need wipe data.
    06-25-2012 06:05 PM
    Sounds like people are confusing New Installations of CM9 and updating CM9 to the nightly releases.

If you are installing CM9 nightly for the first time (no matter what your currently running) you'll want to run dark side wipe, clear all cache including dalvik cache. Then you should be in good shape to install CM9 and Gapps.

If you have a nightly CM9 already on your Skyrocket. Download the new zip, boot into Clockwork and install the new zip. You don't need to wipe your cache, but it could solve any quirks you may encounter.

Tim
    06-25-2012 06:15 PM
    Can someone please tell me how to use and/or get darkside? Do you install it from the SD card like you do a rom?

**nevermind**

Found it, and the instructions on xda
    06-26-2012 08:18 AM
    Do I need to install the AT&T radio package, or does CM9 have it?

I'm only asking because I don't see "4G" or "4GLTE" listed at the top like it used to... I see an "H" instead. It seems to be working okay, but I just want to make sure.
    06-26-2012 03:36 PM
    For the life of me I can't get CM9 to boot. Just stays stuck on the boot screen.

Jeez! Figures as soon as I type that it boots.
    06-27-2012 07:18 AM
    Happened to me as well.

Head on over to XDA and grab up the darkside super wipe and cache wipe. Put them on your external SD card and boot into CWM, flash both, then install CM9 - should work like a champ at that point.
    06-27-2012 08:26 AM
    I rooted and installed cyanogenmod last night. then today I go to install todays nightly and after booting into clockworkmod touch I get an error saying it can not mount the zip file. has anyone had this problem before. What can I do to update .

thanks
    06-29-2012 06:38 PM
    I rooted and installed cyanogenmod last night. then today I go to install todays nightly and after booting into clockworkmod touch I get an error saying it can not mount the zip file. has anyone had this problem before. What can I do to update .

thanks
    Did you do a backup and proper wipe first? It could be a bad download or copy. Try downloading it again and re copying it to your SD card.
    06-30-2012 02:10 AM
    I cannot do a backup. It sayws it cannot mouse the backup path. I think it is not seeing the external sdcard now for some reason.
    06-30-2012 09:38 AM
    Did you do a backup and proper wipe first? It could be a bad download or copy. Try downloading it again and re copying it to your SD card.
    It want read any of the zip files. I think the sdcard is not being mounted at all, I can not do a backup , it says it cannot mount the backup point. I tried to repair permisions and that did not work. I not sure what to do at this point.
    06-30-2012 09:46 AM
    It want read any of the zip files. I think the sdcard is not being mounted at all, I can not do a backup , it says it cannot mount the backup point. I tried to repair permisions and that did not work. I not sure what to do at this point.
    Ok I have it fixed. I just reflashed the clockworkmod recovery back to the phone via ODIN and then I was able to load the new nightly. I'm going to use my phone like this for a few days then I might try out the new ICS leak to see which one works better.

Jack
    06-30-2012 02:22 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD