Battery Issues?!?!?

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my battery I believe it is on my skyrocket. When I first had it it was okay. Now everytime I go to charge my phone it will take forever to charge and then it will randomly stop charging. The battery life is fine its just the charging and then when I am charging it and it says charging if I have to look something up real quick my battery goes down even when charging. Also the other day my phone showed charging so I was watching a few YouTube videos then mybohone completely turned off. I couldn't get it to turn back on and when I plugged my.charger back in all it did was vibrate stop vibrate stop and it even did that when my phone was off the charging but it would never show the battery icon when plugged into the charger it just did that vibrate thing. I'm using all of the original cords to this phone. Anyone know what it is or know if I should call and get a replacement? My phone has been on the charger almost all day and is only at 48%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Also try charging and transferring files using your PC and USB cable. If you get errors while transferring files, it could mean a bad cable (or a damaged USB port on your phone).
If it works fine and charges fine, then it is your charger.
Was your phone dropped? was the cable yanked off the phone or was it hit while connected to the cable? that could damage the USB port on your phone too...

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it maybe my USB because I plugged it into the car and it did fine. It seems my USB for the home charger is a little loose but my car charger wasn't.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
USB cable or USB Charger? cables are cheap on ebay or computer store, or you might have one from an older phone and will work.
I use the same USB cable for a BlackBerry Torch, HTC Inspire, Samsung Skyrocket, Nook and Kindle.
If it's the original samsung charger, you might be able to exchange it within the 1yr warranty at an authorized AT&T repair center, unless it is obvious neglect.

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the cable is fine because it.charges when plugged into the computer so I think its that little box thing that you plug into the wall and yes its original.

spddy

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Your pc will work but it will take longer to charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy