WhatsApp and Contacts

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Morning all, and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there...

Does anyone know how to remove certain contacts from the WhatsApp app on an Android device? It is rather easy on an iOS device, but seems rather impossible on an Android.

Thanks in advance

Ivan

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
From the Contact list, hit the name and select complete task using WhatsApp. Then click on the little icon to the right of the phone icon. Hit More. Hit Menu on the phone tray. Hit block.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

Sorry, but I must simply be doing this all wrong. From Contacts inside WhatsApp or Contacts itself?

From Contact itself.
Go tl the name, then hit the ligle messaging icon. It will prompt you "complete using...." so hit WhatsApp.
Then hit More.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Simply blocking a Contact in WhatsApp doesn't 'remove' it from your view when you're creating a new chat conversation. It does on iOS devices...

PrincetonEbanks

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
To remove a WhatsApp contanct on Android:

1. First remove the person from your phone contacts

2. Go to settings > apps > WhatsApp

3. Select "Clear data"

This essentially removes all the data WhatsApp used to initially configure itself. The next time you start it up you will be required to put in your initial info again (phone number, country, etc). Your WhatsApp contacts will once again ONLY be the people you have in your phone contacts who have a WhatsApp account.

Nada94

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If I do this, would it delete all my chats? And would it hide blocked contacts from settings? My blocked contacts are people that I don't have on my contact list on the phone. I don't want to see my blocked contacts on my settings anymore.

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
To remove a WhatsApp contanct on Android:

1. First remove the person from your phone contacts

2. Go to settings > apps > WhatsApp

3. Select "Clear data"

This essentially removes all the data WhatsApp used to initially configure itself. The next time you start it up you will be required to put in your initial info again (phone number, country, etc). Your WhatsApp contacts will once again ONLY be the people you have in your phone contacts who have a WhatsApp account.

Even after I cleared the data and re-entered my details, the blocked people are still there (not removed, only hidden)... Isnt there a way to completely delete these people from my app besides blocking / hiding them?

Rise1992

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: WhatsApp

Hi morning to all u ppl
Few days back i have installed whatsapp+ which icon seems to be in blue color.....n i have note 2 mobile 3 months old my whatsapp is very slow in my mobile after msging when i go back it show some white sorts of screen....can anyone help me how do i solve my problem...:confused::confused:

venuemages

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Step 1: Delete the contact from your contact list
Step 2: If the number still exists on your WhatsApp contacts, touch and hold down the contact till you get options to "Delete Chat".
Step 3: Touch delete chat and you are done!

debrasian

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to clear all my other chats, I just want to delete a person from my whatsapp. I have deleted him from my phone contacts but he is still in my whatsapp contact. Is there anyway to get shot of him without clearing data?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech